PDA

View Full Version : Post TT/QT treat!

Breadman03
05/31/2014, 01:26 PM
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa479/Breadman03/Gregs%20Reef/4EDA704C-DC14-4E21-9AEE-D0BA4190FC93_zpssfpe7cp2.jpg (http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Breadman03/media/Gregs%20Reef/4EDA704C-DC14-4E21-9AEE-D0BA4190FC93_zpssfpe7cp2.jpg.html)

Later, foxface!

I just pulled my foxface and clowns from QT and put them in my stock tank. The foxface darted across the tank, near my gig. I guess it didn't know my Tunze 6095 was pushing so much water there and got pushed smack dab into the gig. It was immediately wrapped up and I didn't even bother trying to extract it.

I know it's bleached. My previous light weren't good enough, so I bought a handful of Radions that are now in acclimation mode over the tank. They would have been running earlier, but a localized flood brought about some shipping delays, namely the seller's community ended up with 24" of water in their homes.

OrionN
05/31/2014, 02:57 PM
I am sorry about the foxface. Been there, done that. I think your Gigantea will recover very quickly.

Reefahholic
05/31/2014, 03:22 PM
very nice!

Breadman03
05/31/2014, 03:47 PM
I'm not sweating the fox face. It's one of those things that I accepted before getting the gig. Since I had to tear down my tank for new carpeting (hence the Rubbermaid stock tank in the basement), I want to set the tank up with livestock from the gig's natural range.

Minh, I went with Radion Gen 2's largely because you claim that your gig is doing well under one. Mine is currently about 30 inches above the water and the gig is under about 20 inches of water. The light is currently under a 6 week acclimation mode starting at 50% due to how pale the gig is. I started higher, but the gig started hiding under a rock. Lowering the intensity immediately stopped it. Do you think the lights will be good at that height? I ask because it was convenient to mount the lights to a board, then screw that to a floor joist. If you think it will be insufficient, I will get setup to lower them.

I think I'll be skipping tonight's diced clam feeding. :)

OrionN
05/31/2014, 05:04 PM
I have my light a lot brighter than your. My tank is 72X30 30 height. I used to have 7 Radion 4 G3 pro and 3 G2. My lights are 14 inches above the water and the animals are 12 to 24 inches below the water. The one Gigatnea that is most brightly lid is a Purple Gigantea he only about 12 inches under the surface and right under a G3 Pro.
Right now I took one of the light off and only have 6 over the tank. I did have a Acropora table bleached under this light (newly bought from a LFS) and My T. gigas closed most of the time due to bright light, I think. I moved the light around and not have light directly over the Gigas and he is fine.
I think you can increase your light slowly without problem for your Gigantea.

M Woodhill
05/31/2014, 05:08 PM
been there done that. ugh. i now always put fish into an acclimating box then release em into the tank in a day or 2. those anthias always fake dead when shocked and one of my resplendent was directly blown into a mag

OrionN
06/01/2014, 07:26 AM
I am sorry, my tank size is wrong as posted above. It is a 72X36 30 high.