PDA

View Full Version : help var spd port not oper

dunk373
06/03/2014, 06:09 PM
I have the full apex, the built in speed ports through fusion aren't all working i have 1 and 2 hooked to two tunzes that i can control but 3 and 4 won't work through fusion they are programmed and work through the regular control but not fusion. I have another vdm that works and all other outlets respond, any suggestions?

dunk373
06/03/2014, 06:18 PM
i reset power twice. When i click it off it will stay on off for 20 seconds, then flip back to auto.
also tried on and it won't respond either. just those two ports

dunk373
06/03/2014, 06:31 PM
when i turn it off from the regular control on the computer it works and also shows the correct status in fusion on my phone

dunk373
06/03/2014, 07:45 PM
so now after trying many things it seems everything works in fusion and on the standard control except variable speed ports 3 and 4 through fusion It has to be some sort of setting just can't figure it out. It works on auto how i programmed it. very weird hope someone can assist me I'm lost lol

aleithol
06/04/2014, 06:46 AM
IMHO, the Fusion display as you move it's sliders to off/auto/on does not represent the immediate state of your controller ... it takes a bit of time for it to cross the network, get to your controller, come back and then show status on the web page. If you are having spotty network connectivity, responsiveness can be more problematic.

I know it can be annoying sometimes to have the slider move to auto, then find it moves back to perhaps OFF when you wanted it ON. Over on Neptune Community Forums, I reported this a couple of times as suggestions for improvement that Neptune may want to consider to make what's presented by Fusion be more representative of what is really happening, vs the desired or intended state that may in fact move to something else... IMHO, Fusion is great because of accessibility and the possibilities of complex wizards they can create over time, but if you want the best and most immediate response from your controller, use the native interface which can work via your home hardwired network without anything in-between. It's as fast and accurate as you'll ever get. I go back-and-forth between Fusion and the native interface all the time for that reason.

dunk373
06/04/2014, 12:00 PM
everything else works except variable speed port 3 and 4 on the base, all other 20+ functions are fine just those two do not work through fusion

aleithol
06/04/2014, 01:25 PM
I know you say in your original post ports 3&4 work with the native interface, but not with Fusion... You'd be the first person I can remember reporting such an odd problem at least via the forums, and I've read pretty much every post in the Fusion Beta for the last several months... So, if I may suggest, let's rule a couple more things out.

1. On your programming for outlets 3&4, how about you temporarily eliminate all your programming and profiles and just replace each one with SET ON which should always run your pump at 100% when you turn the outlet on. Then, do your pumps come on when you set them ON or AUTO both through the native interface as well as Fusion? If so, need to check your programming. If they fail both ways, then go to #2 below. If they still only work with the native interface, but fail with Fusion and you're not having the temporary communication issue I tried to describe in my previous post, I suggest you open a ticket with Neptune Support.

2. Assuming then you don't have some sort of programming issues specific to the outlets associated with ports 3&4, have you tried swapping your cables that plug into the Controller or VDM that work on ports 1&2 with 3&4? If the pumps on 3&4 then work with the other cable, the problem may well be that one cable which if you have the Neptune version, are perhaps a bit loose and problematic like mine (and other people's) sometimes are. I frankly had problems for a long while I thought must be my programming, and it ended up being one of my 2 cables having intermittent connection problems with my Tunze connector. If after swapping the cable, ports 3&4 still don't work but those pumps work on 1&2, then I'd also open a ticket with Neptune Support. Maybe you have some sort of problem with the ports themselves.

That's all I can think of. Good luck.

dunk373
06/05/2014, 09:43 PM
it is fixed the problem was the outlets were labeled dt/led and frag/led and when switched to dt-led and frag-led they worked thanks to the guys at neptune.

I did switch the ports out and the issue stayed with ports 3 and 4, thanks for the response, this seemed to be a simple yet frustrating issue.