PDA

View Full Version : Shake, Rattle & Roll

Buzz1329
06/04/2014, 07:06 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm sure this has been asked an answered a billion times, so I appreciate your patience. I recently cleaned my three-year old MP 40 (which has been working fine since day one), put it back together, but it now shakes, rattles, and rolls when I adjust it above 30% capacity. I'm thinking the problem may be caused by the outer plastic ring on the wetside (closest to the glass) which seems to be a little loose, but try as I might I cannot seem to tighten it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Alex Y EcoTech
06/05/2014, 06:30 AM
Buzz,

I would recommend making sure that the white ceramic bearing is flush with the surface of the wetframe. If the bearing is not flush, it will cause the issue that you're experiencing.

Buzz1329
06/05/2014, 07:07 AM
Buzz,

I would recommend making sure that the white ceramic bearing is flush with the surface of the wetframe. If the bearing is not flush, it will cause the issue that you're experiencing.

Thanks. The white ceramic bearing you're referring to is the white ring through which the propeller shaft fits? If so, I don't understand how this internal part can be "flush with the surface of the wetframe"?

Mike

Alex Y EcoTech
06/05/2014, 08:23 AM
Mike,

That is correct. Also, if you remove the drive shaft, you should be able to align and press the ceramic bearing flush with the wetframe using your thumb.

Buzz1329
06/05/2014, 01:17 PM
Mike,

That is correct. Also, if you remove the drive shaft, you should be able to align and press the ceramic bearing flush with the wetframe using your thumb.

Ahh. Thanks again. I'll give this a try.