PDA

View Full Version : how to make rock live again

Saltwaterguy75
06/05/2014, 07:55 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I was wondering I have a rock that was live, that has been out of water for a week, on my work bench in my garage I was wondering is there still hope for it? Bring it back to live and how, just put it back in tank?

jay13
06/05/2014, 08:02 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I was wondering I have a rock that was live, that has been out of water for a week, on my work bench in my garage I was wondering is there still hope for it? Bring it back to live and how, just put it back in tank?

if it has been out a week and you throw it back in in may start a new cycle in the tank. that being said the only way to make it "live" again is to put it in with some other rock that is colonized and let things start growing back.

Saltwaterguy75
06/05/2014, 08:08 PM
I do have other live rock in there, I only took it out for a friend who was supposed to pick it up while I was out of town and he never did and it was a nice piece but I will start the new cycle. Thank you for the info :)

sean-820
06/07/2014, 06:35 AM
If your tank is running I would clean it well before adding it back to remove any dead organics that would otherwise decay in your tank. If you have not livestock you can just chuck it back in.

SantaMonica
06/08/2014, 02:48 PM
A few microbes might still be alive inside, but overall most will be dead.

NavyBlueSea
06/08/2014, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't put it back in the DT. I would do a water change on the display and put the rock in a container with the "waste/dirty" water from the DT with a pump for circulation. Check parameters until they are good and then add the rock back to DT.

jonapunk
06/24/2014, 07:14 PM
i wouldn't put it back in the dt. I would do a water change on the display and put the rock in a container with the "waste/dirty" water from the dt with a pump for circulation. Check parameters until they are good and then add the rock back to dt.

+1

dustinmccrary
06/24/2014, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't put it back in the DT. I would do a water change on the display and put the rock in a container with the "waste/dirty" water from the DT with a pump for circulation. Check parameters until they are good and then add the rock back to DT.

This.

ExpensiveHobby
06/25/2014, 03:11 PM
This.

+ another 1

gogo7
06/25/2014, 05:40 PM
just add water