PDA

View Full Version : My first 3 purchases as a newbie in this hobby

Ryanrttu
06/07/2014, 08:28 PM
I bought a 75 gallon drilled tank May 3rd this year and have now made over 100 post here in that time. Besides my first purchase which was the tank, my 2nd & 3rd have been a RO/DI unit and a QT 20g acrylic tank with an aquaclear filter for the QT (on sale online at Petco till midnight tonight). A month ago this language sounded like Chinese to me, now I speak it, thank you reefcentral for helping me learn more in a month than I could have ever imagined.

I am in the process of a sump build with melvsreef which will be my next purchase... still working on that one though.

m0nkie
06/07/2014, 08:36 PM
congrat on the first few purchases! and good luck on the remaining 500000000 purchases :D

ever since I started in March, I have been receiving weekly amazon orders.. free 2 day Prime shipping is the way to go! a lot cheaper than running to the stores

JMorris271
06/07/2014, 09:31 PM
congrat on the first few purchases! and good luck on the remaining 500000000 purchases :D

ever since I started in March, I have been receiving weekly amazon orders.. free 2 day Prime shipping is the way to go! a lot cheaper than running to the stores

You're being conservative.
:lol2:

Pife
06/08/2014, 07:16 AM
Your already doing reef math. I counted four things.

atrox
06/08/2014, 06:08 PM
Slow and steady wins the race! I think this is the ideal way to start in this hobby, take it slow and read, read, read, read. Reef Central is excellent and you will learn a lot. Good luck, and if you need help just ask, there are literally hundreds here who enjoy helping newbies