PDA

View Full Version : Can't access thru main computer now

jsodwi
06/10/2014, 05:07 PM
Ok so now I'm trying to uptade firmware to use fusion because I'm so over having problems with these DNS problems. But now can't get apex on my main computer anymore. I've typed in the ip of the apex( which when I looked at the component it had changed). And nothing. So now what. This is so frustrating I'm about to just hire someone to watch my fish when I'm not in town

kurt_n
06/10/2014, 09:00 PM
Are you using a port number other than 80?

If so, don't forget to put that after the IP address when you're accessing it locally. So if your IP is 192.168.X.AA and the port is 1234, then you need to use the address:

192.168.X.AA:1234

in your browser for local access.

If that's not the issue... when you type the IP address of the Apex, what type of error message are you getting on your computer?

jsodwi
06/13/2014, 05:33 PM
Are you using a port number other than 80?

If so, don't forget to put that after the IP address when you're accessing it locally. So if your IP is 192.168.X.AA and the port is 1234, then you need to use the address:

192.168.X.AA:1234

in your browser for local access.

If that's not the issue... when you type the IP address of the Apex, what type of error message are you getting on your computer?
It just says link not found.

jsodwi
06/13/2014, 05:34 PM
I'm also not using port 80. I am using another and I tried typing that and nothing. I'm so confused. I really hope I can get this solved and switch to fusion

jzdad
06/15/2014, 12:31 PM
just had the same problem and I had to go into my router and check that my computer had access to the internet which it did for surfing but not for anything else. so I had to find its IP give it a port to access the router and reset it only to find out that my IP address for my router changed and I had to re-port forward my apex again and now it works fine ( don't ask me how but my port was 2xxx go figure ) , Hope that helps
You are right this stuff sometimes make you crazy and confused but sooner or later you have to get it just so you can have a piece of mind

jsodwi
06/15/2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks. I got it to work. Now I'm just trying to get fusion loaded in

jzdad
06/17/2014, 07:24 PM
Good, I want to try fusion but Im gonna leave well enough alone for now