PDA

View Full Version : Question about Giesemann ballast?

tmc1313
06/17/2014, 08:50 AM
I picked up a used Giesemann Infiniti fixture. It's a 2x250watt with 4x54watt T5's. This fixture and ballast combination is configured a little different than what I'm used to. It seems each ballast has two power cords coming from it (two cords per ballast). One powers the HQI and the other the T5's. I haven't seen this configuration on other ballasts. If I want to order new ballasts, does it have to be Giesemann, and if so, where do I get them? I did a quick search, but not much comes up. Thanks

moondoggy4
06/17/2014, 06:35 PM
I bought my replacement ballast for my Infinity from Reef Geek, if you want to see some modifications on a Giesemann light check the club and look up a few threads.

One cord is for the MH ballast

Second cord for 2 T-5's

3rd cord for 2 t-5's

Some models are different some have only one cord.

moondoggy4
06/17/2014, 06:37 PM
See thread #228 on the giesemann club thread.

tmc1313
06/18/2014, 06:43 AM
I bought my replacement ballast for my Infinity from Reef Geek, if you want to see some modifications on a Giesemann light check the club and look up a few threads.

One cord is for the MH ballast

Second cord for 2 T-5's

3rd cord for 2 t-5's

Some models are different some have only one cord.

Thanks Moondoggy, I called Reefgeek and they couldn't help me. They told me there was no information they could find or give me. They couldn't even find a North American Distributor.

moondoggy4
06/18/2014, 07:56 PM
Funny when I bought two replacement ballast for my Giesemann Infinity T-5's I bought them from Reef Geek they're basically the same ones that ATI uses.

The MH I believe that you cannot find a direct replacement for at this time. My plug has 5 wires on the MH not sure why but I have seen threads on people changing out the ballast and rewiring it.