PDA

View Full Version : 9006 skimmer sump operation

KimP
06/17/2014, 05:10 PM
Hi, I have the 9006 Comline skimmer set up to operate in my sump. It has worked well over the past year and recently the extension set popped off. After a few days I got around to putting it back together and since plugging it back in, the water level almost but not completely comes up to the top of the extension tube and it's barely pulling any skimmate. Just curious if it takes several days to get going again. Usually water is running up and over that tube right away.

Thanks!

rvitko
06/18/2014, 09:16 AM
Water should come out of the tube within a few minutes, usually what you describe will be caused by one of three things, listed in order or probability.

1) The bottom lid is open just a little.
2) The skimmer is not submerged deep enough, the 9006 has a weaker pump and it seems about 5.5 inches rather than the stated 4.9" is the bare minimum for it to work.
3) The coupler between the pump and intake screen is loose.

KimP
06/22/2014, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them all out.

KimP
07/10/2014, 07:04 PM
I took everything apart today and finally cleaned it and made sure everything was tight. It's working so much better now! I have a question about the impeller though.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/yneguqym.jpg

Is it supposed to look like this? Almost looks like part of the metal broke through.

rvitko
07/11/2014, 08:45 AM
It looks like just a minor blemish from when the impeller was pressed on, the D cut on the shaft of the magnet is done by hand and then the impeller is pressed on with a hand press, it won't have any effect on the performance.