PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Tiny Leak Fix ?

ClownBubbaJoe
06/20/2014, 05:36 AM
We have a Oceanic BioCube that has water in it for over 2 months, and now there's three tiny leaks between the black lower rim and glass.
Do not, know why.

Is there a silicone, glue, epoxy ect, that can be applied while it's wet ?

Pife
06/20/2014, 06:55 AM
Are you sure that is where it is coming from. I thought mine was leaking and it was just coming over the top.

thegrun
06/20/2014, 06:56 AM
None that I am aware of, and silicone should be allowed at least two weeks to cure before adding water.

ClownBubbaJoe
06/20/2014, 11:12 AM
I've now found many leaks, all around the bottom. I'm using paper towels and a air drier to dry off the areas of the rim and glass, then watch, and can see water bubble starting them to a leak. There's so many that trying to fix it makes no sense. I'll give Oceanic a call giving them a piece of my mind, then think about getting a different tank !

Donkeykong
06/20/2014, 11:36 AM
Was is brand new when you bought it? If so I would think Oceanic will replace it.

ClownBubbaJoe
06/20/2014, 12:14 PM
I bought it used and it's 2.5 years old. I spoke with Oceanic and they have discontinued these tanks. The warranty is for one year.

Can you apply new silicone (or other products)
over the existing silicone ?
It's not worth my time to cut out all the silicone them re-do it.

I found a local used 28g JBJ nano cube for $100, if I choose not to fix mine ?

mgrmax
06/20/2014, 12:49 PM
Can you apply new silicone (or other products)
over the existing silicone ?
It's not worth my time to cut out all the silicone them re-do it.

I found a local used 28g JBJ nano cube for $100, if I choose not to fix mine ?

You cannot silicone over cured silicone. It will not adhere properly. I wish it did...

tmantaylor18
06/20/2014, 02:21 PM
You're going to have to take the glass apart and re seal it or get a new tank. Sealing the inside isn't going to fix the problem unfortunately

ClownBubbaJoe
06/20/2014, 03:59 PM
I know,....I know. Just was hoping for a aquarium Miracle. lol

It sucks as we just got the tank, my bio area customized, rock & rock scapping, Dr. Tim's one and only, fishless ammonia, live sand, cycled, first fish 2 days ago, skimmer, fuge etc....done ! :debi:

Oh well, on to the next tank I guess.

ClownBubbaJoe
06/20/2014, 04:06 PM
Kessil 150w. Sky Blue. Forgot, a few shrroms and Monti's.