PDA

View Full Version : stocking list & Plan

Paaty
06/20/2014, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I have been working on my new setup for almost a year now. I have a 325g DT, total volume system is about 525g

My original tank was 180g about 8 years old, so some of my fish will come from that tank and some are new.

My List is:

Still in the 180g

Hippo 7 years old 5-6 inches
Achilles 6 years old 5-6 inches
yellow tang 7 years old 5-6 inches
Emporer Angel 5 years old 7-8 inches
Flame Angel 8 years old
pair of percs over 10 years old

Already in the 325g DT added about 3 months ago

Yellow Tang 3 inches
Purple Tang 3 inches
Sailfin Tang 3 inches
3 green cromises

In quarantine for the last 2 weeks and will be moved to the DT in about 2-3 weeks if all goes well

Hippo Tang 1.5 inches
Powder blue 3 inches

The 180g and the 325DT are already connected (about 3 weeks now) with each other, so it is all the same water.

My plan is to get the 2 quarantined fish in the DT and let them settle in for about a month and then start moving my older fish into the DT starting with the clowns and flame Angel. Then the 3 Tangs and then the Emporer last.

If all goes well I may add a few anthias down the road.

Let me know what you guys think about my stocking list and my plan.

Thanks,

Pat

Donkeykong
06/20/2014, 09:25 AM
With a display that large you can get away with alot, the only thing that jumps out at me is adding the small hippo with a large Hippo. I had a buddy with a 225g that tried that which did not end well for the little one. It is good that you are going ot let the little one settle in the new tank first. So is the 180g coming down once everything is transferred?

Paaty
06/20/2014, 09:39 AM
I never thought the 2 hippo's would be a problem, I was actually much more worried about the 2 yellows and the Achilles powder blue combo.

Paaty
06/20/2014, 09:41 AM
Also, I am keeping the 180g, I will use for added volume and a frag Tank and a place that I can move fish to in case I run into problems

Donkeykong
06/20/2014, 10:14 AM
If you are going to keep the 180 running Why don't you leave the duplicate tangs over in that tank. Still going to want some activity and life in it right.