PDA

View Full Version : Possible mag splitting behaviour?

AussieAdam
06/20/2014, 01:54 PM
My mag has been acting strange all week, Monday it was on the move all day, Tuesday it inflated it's foot and detached from the rock, luckily I was around when it happened and managed to turn my pumps off, it re attached quite fast went back to its regular spot and balled up for the rest of the day. Water conditions are fine and the other mag in the tank is acting normal! Tonight it's started to pull some strange shapes, it literally looks like 2mags stuck together, this one does already have 2 mouths, could this behaviour be an indication of a split? http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/uzyvyga9.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/gymyba9e.jpg

D-Nak
06/20/2014, 03:13 PM
Yes, it looks like it's splitting, especially if it has two separate mouths that appear to be about the same size. I have one that started splitting. After about 6 weeks I decided it was taking too long and used a sharp razor blade to complete the process. Now I have two mags.

cyclenut
06/20/2014, 04:48 PM
Mine will do that every once in a while. It has never split but it only has one mouth.

OrionN
06/20/2014, 05:47 PM
When my mag split, it just rip open. Mine never have two mouth. First sign is that it is a little off, slight deflation. Then I see the mouth dilated and see rock inside the mouth (foot slit). The anemone look like an "O". Then one side rip apart like a "C". Then the other side come a part as the two side of the "C" move apart.. Then the frags fuse the injured/split-ted side to form a whole anemone and the mouth formed.
I observed this 4 times, two different Magnifica. One Mag become four and the other Mag become two. All the same way.

ca1ore
06/22/2014, 08:51 AM
I wish mine would split already. It's huge, almost 20 inches when fully inflated, and threatening to outgrow my 265.

AussieAdam
06/23/2014, 08:55 AM
Well no sign of it splitting but it did spawn last night, that may explain the unusual behaviour!