PDA

View Full Version : JBwave review

Wills612
06/21/2014, 11:36 PM
I just got my JBwave controller set up and running, and I have to say that this little unit brings the Jebao pumps to the next level. The Unit was 70$ including shipping, which was extremely quick, ordered Tuesday night, and had it Friday. Cant speak for customer service yet.

Controller features:

0-100% speed control in 1% increments (I believe 30% is the min. before pump stops)

Run two different pumps: wp10/wp25, wp25/wp25, wp40,wp60, ect.

10 different patterns: alternating, pulse, blast, sweep, ramp, and random of each

Min/Max pump speeds:

Ramp time: Lets you control how long it takes to get to your max setting (0-30 sec.) This feature really decreases splashing when you ramp the pumps up instead of starting at your max setting.

Cycle time: Allows you to adjust the rate of which the pumps switch back and forth. (.1 sec. - 12 hours.)

Push Button feed: adjustable from 1-99min, also adjust pump speed while feeding 0-100%

Self clean- optional, if selected it does a couple short burst of the pumps every 30min, Its said to help the impeller stay clean. I have my doubts, but it can't hurt to try.

Night mode: Has a night mode controlled by a internal clock. I don't use this feature but if you did, its probably a lot more practical then a night time sensor. I've read they are kinda finicky.

Mac, Windows and Linux compatible: I set it up on my Mac book, I had to download a Arduino and driver program. There are instruction on the website that are pretty good. Im not that tech savvy and I managed to get programing in less then 15 min. For Windows there is a driver program already installed that will pop up when you plug the USB in and your ready to go. I have know idea what a Linux is, I think its like a small animal or something:rollface:.

Works with: WP, RW, FS, DC series pumps.

This is definitely worth 70$. With the ramp up and cycle time adjustments I'm able to achieve a stronger but less aggressive/intense flow(i.e. sandstorm, irritating LPS, and splashing.) I haven't been able to find to much info on this little gem and thought it deserved some recognition. So if your thinking about about the twins controller definitely give the JBwave a hard look.

-Will

Relientkiid
06/21/2014, 11:47 PM
Awesome review bro