PDA

View Full Version : Top Builders in Texas

noodlesnspam
06/22/2014, 11:57 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new the forum and did some research on custom aquarium builders.

I've narrowed it down to only 2 options in Texas unless i can be educated further.

I'm looking to build a custom stand alone modern aquarium for my living room slightly under 100 gallons.

I need a custom builder that has the millwork experience to build a cabinet that is super modern and the highest quality and part components.

My two top builders are
Fish Gallery - which uses A.G.E
Capital Aquariums - which also use A.G.E.

I am out of Austin TX.

I also thought about using builders not based in TX but not sure if they're willing to travel - some of the builders are the ones based on the TV shows for tanked and fish kings, such as living color out of FL and ATM out of las vegas.

I would not say money is not a concern, i just want the highest quality build period and a price that's competitive with top quality builders in the country.

Let me know if i'm missing anything.

Thanks

Spar
06/22/2014, 12:35 PM
I went AGE and like it. They seem to be able to handle non standard requirements better. I did calfo overflows which other companies wouldn't accommodate.

Most important part is making sure the third party (usually a LfS) fully understands your specs and you hold them accountable to the specs. You won't talk to AGE directly during the process.

My tank came with the wrong glass initially so I didn't accept it. The next time it came with scratches and a chip and I now regret not refusing that one. You should get perfection if paying the custom price!

noodlesnspam
06/22/2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks SPAR - i guess i should clarify - i'm completely ok with A.G.E. as my tank manufacturer - what I am looking for is a high quality LFS that can walk me through everything and provide top notch installation and millwork as my place is super modern and i would like to have the cabinetry match it.

From that perspective, I am looking for folks who may have experience with john Howerton at Capital(Formerly Kingfish) or any of the installation and millwork folks at Fish Gallery or Glass aquatics and the folks they use for millwork/design/build.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

footballdude2k3
06/22/2014, 01:02 PM
I would joint the Austin Reef Club, a lot of those guys help each other out with that kind of stuff, as far as LFS, Aquadome and Aquatek are the two that everybody in Austin tells me to go to.