PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a sump to my year old tank! (Review it for me?)

cnreef
06/23/2014, 02:24 PM
I've had a reef tank going in my apartment for almost a year now, and I recently saved enough to get everything to add on a sump. The tank is drained and drilled, inhabitants are in a temp tank, and I'm ready to start plumbing.

So if anyone could help answer these few final questions, that would be great.

I only plan on having this tank (29g DT, 20g sump) running for one year at this apartment. Once I move out I will upgrade, so if I could plumb it some way to be able to reuse the plumbing, that'd be great.

Current plans:
I plan on using flex pvc for this build. From the overflow elbow connect a union, then attach the flex pvc to the union and run down to the sump. (Can flex go directly into a union?)

For the return from my eheim 1262, small bit of rigid pvc tubing, then a T off to a 1/2 line for reactors. Connecting to the top of the T, back to flex pvc all the way up to the return elbow of the tank (where I assume another union should be placed).

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

mixedreef89
06/23/2014, 10:57 PM
That doesn't sound to bad to me. I would recommend putting a gate or ball valve after the Tee on the reactor side to control flow to them.

Pife
06/24/2014, 05:05 AM
I wouldn't worry about trying to reuse much of the plumbing. I would also put a valve after the tee.