PDA

View Full Version : Stream 6000 Questions

Tom Berry
09/15/2003, 02:45 PM
Do I need any additional hardware to mount the Stream in a 75G AGA tank?

Does the Stream have anthing to protect fish and other livestock from being sucked in?

Thanks,

Tom Berry:fish2:

rvitko
09/15/2003, 02:58 PM
Their is an intake grate on the Stream, the outlet is so near the inlet that it is hard to imagine something getting sucked in as the outward force would push it away. Their was recently a thread about an anemone being sucked in but outside of this I have only ever heard of fish entering the pump when it is off and then being killed when it starts back up.

To mount the pump you will need 3000.244 mounting kit for Oceanic or All Glass.

pr4mncplus
09/16/2003, 09:20 PM
Roger,
I just ordered the 6000 with the 7194 Controller through Ben at Marine Depot. He didn't mention that I needed anything additional to mount the pump on my Oceanic 72g bowfront. Did I miss something?????

rvitko
09/17/2003, 07:01 AM
Well, do you need kit 3000.244- no. If you are very inventive or wish to mount it to the overflow box it is not required- many people have solved this dilemma on their own. However kit 3000.244 makes it much simpler and is our ready made solution.

pr4mncplus
09/17/2003, 07:13 AM
Roger,
Thanks for the update, however I didn't plan on being too inventive or mounting it to the overflow box. I planned on mounting it to one side of the tank (which my only concern with that option is how the Canopy will sit over the top edge of the tank). Is this now going to be a problem? I thought a mounting kit came with the pump, which as you know, with the controller, it's not cheap. If I would have known about the additional kit, I would have ordered it. So, can I still run the pump when it arrives? I guess I'll have to contact Marine Depot again and have them ship out the 3000.244 kit, I just wish they could have mentioned this little tidbit of information beforehand.

rvitko
09/17/2003, 07:23 AM
It does include a mounting kit but the US is an oddball in the world as we usually have plastic trim on out aquariums. In Europe, Asia, South America tanks are trimless. To accomodate the trim an accessory is required- basically longer screws and a spacer. Unfortunately the accesory set will not likely work with your canopy as it clamps around the trim. I saw a guy on this board just attached the rail to his canopy and I might suggest a similar solution. Also, bowfront had a solution which would work for you- use the included holder and attach it to a 2" wide strip of glass or acrylic resting across the frame.

pr4mncplus
09/17/2003, 07:33 AM
Roger,
Once again, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try your suggestion using the 2" strip of glass or acrylic, since the option to hang it off the Canopy probably is not one for me. By the way, since you mentioned about mounting the pump on the overflow box, have you found (and I haven't taken the time to read every thread in this section - sorry) which positioning in a tank of my size seems to work best? Besides the Tunze and my Mag 9.5 in the sump, these will be my only two sources of water moving power (I temporarily have a RIO 1400 in the tank). I may add the Sea Swirl to the return hose into the tank, but I would think the Tunze would be quite sufficient for my system (FOWLR). I just can't imagine having 4 or 5 powerheads in the tank since it detracts from the visual appearance.

rvitko
09/17/2003, 07:47 AM
I think the flow will be more than sufficient. You should have the flow run the length of the tank for best effect.

pr4mncplus
09/17/2003, 07:56 AM
Roger,
Thanks again!