PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my first frag tank

brianfarm6767
06/25/2014, 12:26 PM
I am in the process of setting up my first small frag tank, it is a 10 gallon 20 x 10 x 12. My main goal with this is to be able to add new frags from the store in this tank first to monitor for a few days before I add to my display. Also would be nice to use as a small qt tank for any small fish I may pickup and not have to flll up my larger hospital tank where I use all my medications.

10 gallon is really as large as I can go due to space restrictions. My plan was to have a HOB filter of some kind ( heard a lot of recommendations of the AQ 70 so that is what I was looking at ) some racks of eggcrate, around 25 - 30 watts of LED lights, 1 or 2 small power heads ( most likely maxijet 400 ) and do weekly water changes. I do plan to go bare bottom but I thought adding some LR rubble into the filter may be a good idea as well to help with filtration. Also I plan to add a small CUC of snails and crabs as well as a few saltwater acclimated mollies.

I am looking for any advice as I start this since I have seen many threads online from this being a good simple idea to this is basically impossible to do.

brianfarm6767
06/26/2014, 07:56 AM
anyone?