PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Pectina

zoafarm
06/25/2014, 07:08 PM
Added a Space Invader Pectina to my tank about a month ago. It looked great for about 2 weeks. But the past 2 weeks it has gone downhill. It was bright green. Now it is more on the purple side...one mouth is still green but the rest of it is purple and a little deflated (some tissue recession). Here are my parameter:

Salinity: 1.025
Alk: 7
Ca: 360
Mag: 1350
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0 (API test)
Phosphate: .24 (Hanna) 0 (API)
PH: 8.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also seem to have issues with chalices and acans in this tank, but my Blasto seems very happy. ??????

justthewife
06/25/2014, 08:40 PM
Not saying I am an expert on Pectinia but I have brought back dying Pectinia with pellet food. Pectinia doesn't like a lot of light and are picky on flow. I have mine on the bottom of the tank in moderate flow. Also your Ca seems a bit low to me as well as your alk. My Ca is at 430 and my alk is at 8.3.

Fish Biscuit
06/26/2014, 01:32 PM
I agree that Ca & Alk are too low. It could possibly be your phosphates too.

I just bought a pectinia 2 days ago & it's starting to color up quite nice. Mine is in a spot with low flow & lower light too.

zoafarm
06/26/2014, 04:28 PM
I will bring up ca and alk and see what happens. To be honest, I don't think the phosphates are as high as the Hanna measurement says. I don't have any bad algae, and lots of coraline growth. So I tend to think it is closer to the API reading...however I could be wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel62
06/27/2014, 01:49 AM
low lighting and flow +2