PDA

View Full Version : Help! Radion just fell in my tank!

Brookechooka89
06/25/2014, 10:53 PM
Hi all,

I was aquascaping my tank and knocked my radion LED into my tank! At $1000 a light, I really want to do as much as I can to salvage it!

This has JUST HAPPENED! I can't find anything online in regards to LED lighting that has fallen into anyone's tank and how they have reacted to possibly save the light.

Once it had fallen in, it was flashing like it was about to completely die. I went to grab it because I wanted it out of the tank quick smart then realised I'd get electrocuted! I turned the power board that the light was plugged into off, took it out and is now sitting on its side out in the sun. I'm scared I think I just literally threw $1000 down the drain! I'm so upset!

A few things I've found with regards to normal lights with ballasts etc. is to use ro/di water and wipe it down to get rid of the corrosive effect that saltwater can have, and then to put it into a black garbage bag with some rice and sit it back out in the sun. This all makes sense but has anyone ever taken a radion LED apart??? If so, how the hell do I do that!? Let's be real, my warranty is null and void as soon as water is involved, so it's either completely written off, or I can do all I can to salvage it! Lol

Thanks in advance guys!

Brooke

ClownNut
06/26/2014, 06:40 AM
70%+ alcohol wipe works better than ro/di water. rice is effective as just let the light sitting in a room for removing moisture. open it clean out everything, let it dry for 72hr. then try it one see if anything been damage. most likely some parts need to be replace.
good luck.

Alex Y EcoTech
06/26/2014, 06:53 AM
Brooke,

I would recommend sending that light into us for service. We do not charge for our time, only for any parts involved with the repair. For more information, please go to http://ecotechmarine.com/support/request-service/ and fill out our Return Materials Authorization form to receive the necessary email and other information you need to send in your part/pump for service.

oneilwiz
06/29/2014, 08:22 PM
Hope you get your lights fixed with minimal damages. I am worried about mine hanging above my tank from the ceiling. I think I might put some glass covers over the tank top even though its rimless

Tornader
07/02/2014, 06:17 PM
Yeap! Send it in! Happened to me once before. Ecotech took great care of me