PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue and Achilles in 220?

Easttuth
06/28/2014, 12:34 PM
I assume the obvious answer is no, but I was thinking of putting them in together and getting juveniles.

Any chance this works? I don't mind scrapping this idea completely.

DavidinGA
06/28/2014, 03:57 PM
I say it could work but be prepared if it doesn't...

I have a powder blue, blonde naso, Desjardini, hippo, kole and clown tang in a 210 and they're all fine (and big lol also have a huge foxface to mix it up a bit). Until recently I also had a big yellow tang too but he decided to try to kill my copperband butterfly so he got deported...

AuburnTiger1
06/28/2014, 04:24 PM
Those two are pretty aggressive tangs and powder blues can be notoriously mean i personally would be very timid to try it.

sc50964
06/28/2014, 04:32 PM
If you must do it, get juvenile and put a divider to split into two 110 g's. Give them time to claim their own territory and get used to each other's presence.

CoralsAddiction
06/28/2014, 05:12 PM
Depends on your aquascape too. Hopefully you have tons of caves and overhangs for them to swim in and out of, and get our of each others way.

ca1ore
06/28/2014, 09:14 PM
Look, there will always be somebody who can make something like this work, but IME it's probably more dumb luck (fish have personalities too) than anything else. I have tried keeping a PB and Achilles together in a very large tank and it did not work. They beat the u know what out of each other. Frankly I'd not do it.

bobkill
06/28/2014, 09:33 PM
One of my local Friends started out with a tiny pb and a small (~3) achillies - I qt'ed them in 20g and did tank transfer - the tanks were literally next to each other for the entire period- it went well- they have been in his 200g for 6 months or so - he has had some issues but added a extra nori clip and feed both at same time - note they runs disease free system everything gets qt - no ich

His response

I wouldn't do it again, but would probably work for awhile.

Easttuth
06/28/2014, 10:01 PM
Appreciate the responses. I have 2-220g tanks, I'll probably split them up. Figured it was a no go

sc50964
06/28/2014, 10:12 PM
Wow. What's the maintenance like for those two?

aquaph8
06/29/2014, 09:37 AM
I would start with a large QT with a divider and a lot of patients. Let them get to know each other and then slowly remove the divider for short periods and see how they react. Could take months but it's better than crossing your fingers. It's not always what you add, it how you add it and how much effort your willing to put in.