PDA

View Full Version : Ati t5 lighting switch (krzysztof fueled)

jared355
06/30/2014, 08:52 AM
So I have a 105 sps tank about 1 year old and have always ran halides. I get decent color and I run the zeovita system I get decent colors but I've noticed with t5 users getting better colors. I wanted to give it a shot so I ordered the fixture with the bulbs I would think work. I ordered the Ati 48" 8 bulb fixture.

All ati bulbs

1 purple plus
2 coral plus
3 acintics
2 aqua blue plus

Now I'm not positive in which order to place them but any help would be great! Thank you!

NastyZ
06/30/2014, 09:57 AM
Your not going to have the best par with that combo but seeing this is the bulbs you've chosen this is the way I would put it front to back

Aqua blue (I'm assuming that's like an ati blue+ And hoping you don't mean aqua blue special)
Coral
Actinic
Purple
Actinic
Aqua blue
Coral
Actinic

Banks 3 and 6 are one switch so that will give you a nice deep blue with the pop of the actinic if you wanted to get the best par and generally considered the best blue combo (which I have all ati bulbs) is front to back

Blue+
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
Purple+
Blue+
Coral+
Blue+

This gives you a nice 20k look

Drae
06/30/2014, 01:06 PM
I would go with 3 blue plus 1 purple plus and 2 coral plus. Jmo. You'll get higher par and less wash out of your colors. The ab special washes the color right out of corals in my opinion.

jgalen0025
06/30/2014, 02:41 PM
get rid of those 3 actinics or u will have brown sps bc of lack of par

2 c+
3b+
1p+

NastyZ
06/30/2014, 02:52 PM
I just saw that the bulbs you listed are in fact ati bulbs those aqua specials are really going to wash out a lot of color coral+ is usually used in place of the aqua special I would get rid Of the actinics and the aqua specials and replace them with blue+ like I recommended above and why are you guys recommending 6bulb combos he has a 8bulb

Here's a really good thread with all kinds of combos

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096816&page=199