PDA

View Full Version : Losing fish, corals fine

smoothie7
07/04/2014, 11:55 AM
Over the last 48 hours I have lost a harlequin tusk and a yellow tank but my corals all look great. No idea what is going on. Tank is a 90 gallon and has been set up for 10 weeks. Everything was eating just fine the day before their demise. The tusk started swimming eratically for a day and we noticed the top 20 percent of his body looked pale and then the next day he was sucked up against the overflow :( The yellow tang had a small case of ich over the past 3 days or so. We have been feeding everything LRS food with a couple drops of garlic on it. This morning he was looking pale and then around 1pm he was done for. Eyes looked a little cloudy. Their is obviously something in the water affecting fish buy all my frogspawns and mushrooms are looking great. I did a 15 gallon water change on Tuesday. After todays issues, thinking I should do another 15 gallon change this afternoon. Just not sure what else to do. Even my platinum clownfish aren't looking the greatest but they are alive. Please help

Craigdillman
07/04/2014, 02:04 PM
most fish issues are diseases or paracites (ich velvet) and not parameter problems so most fish problems don't affect corals. post this in the fish disease forum maybe with some pictures good luck

mm949
07/05/2014, 01:57 PM
only velvet will kill fish that fast

smoothie7
07/07/2014, 12:02 PM
I have no idea what it was but it wiped out the whole tank within about 72 hours :(
Fatality list includes:
Harlequin Tusk
Yellow Tang
Pair of platinum clowns
humu humu trigger
Very sad weekend for me *sniff *sniff

It is a 90 gallon tank. Thankfully all the corals have been fine. I have done a 15 gallon water change yesterday. Will do another 15 gallon on Wednesday. My plan is to cycle out around 100 gallons total over the next month and hope everything is ok by then. Part of this hobby I know but still sad.

smoothie7
07/08/2014, 07:56 AM
How long would you wait before putting fish back in the tank? I was planning on doing 15 gallon water changes until I have swapped out 100 gallons or so over the next couple of weeks.