PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI TDS - Resin question

Pokerman11
07/04/2014, 12:41 PM
I've been using a BRS 4 stage value plus 75GPD RO/DI unit for about 5 months now. Up until now I've been using the BRS color changing DI resin.

The color stuff worked pretty well. the TDS meter would show 2 on the in and then 0 on the out until the color went out and then the TDS meter would go to 1-2 and I would change the resin.

Yesterday I changed the sediment, carbon filter. For Resin I changed to the basic Bulk Deionization Resin. I then let it rinse for 10min, and then started making water.

It's now been running for over 5 hours but my TDS meter on the out is still at 2. Actually sometimes I'm at 3, which is higher then the 2 on the "in" side.

Bad batch of Resin? or what?

Sammykonga
07/04/2014, 12:51 PM
I have the same unit and bought it about the same time as you! I would make sure you packed the resin tightly as loosely packed resin will not properly work. If it is packed correctly then I would guess bad batch of resin.

Pokerman11
07/04/2014, 05:32 PM
I pack it tight. Put in a bit, tap on the table, a bit more, more tapping, etc.

It was bad resin - just switched to a new bag and now working fine.

Anybody else had bad resin out of the pack? I got it fresh just two weeks ago from BRS

bgallagher
07/05/2014, 07:24 PM
I had a similar problem... Turns out I had the DI cartridge in up side down...:(

Buckeye Hydro
07/12/2014, 05:16 AM
I had a similar problem... Turns out I had the DI cartridge in up side down...:(

Don't feel bad - you are far from the first!