PDA

View Full Version : What time of day for lights

Speedfreak95
07/05/2014, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone what time of day do you put your lights? I'm trying to keep the lights on about 7ish hours long just not sure when to turn them on? Unfortunately at the moment I wait tables so I get home late. The room the tank is I'm is well lit through the day so lately I just turn them on at 9ish until 12-1 so I can enjoy the tank a bit.

Lord Treas
07/05/2014, 02:40 PM
As far as I've read the timing of the light cycle is not as important as the length and consistancy. I work 7am-7pm so mine starts about 7PM and goes until 2AM

SwampyBill
07/05/2014, 02:42 PM
There is no set time to have lights on. No reason to light tank when you're not home to enjoy it. Have you been to FAOIS in Oldsmar or Corals & Fins in Tampa yet?

wild1
07/05/2014, 02:47 PM
Turn on Blues at 5 PM, Whites at 6 PM. Blues off at 11 PM, Whites at 12 AM

acabgd
07/05/2014, 06:38 PM
I turn mine on at 5pm, off at 1am - that's when I can enjoy my tank.

Speedfreak95
07/05/2014, 08:29 PM
Okay thanks everyone! Only reason I ask is I just bought a hovers wrasse and he seems to wake up at sunlight and then disappears in the sand around 6-7ish.. Kinda stinks since I only see him in the morning but he only gets fed once compared to the other fish that are fed twice..

And yes I've been to faois a few times. I bought my salt, clowns and a new wrasse there a few days ago. Nice little shop it's like 5-10 mins from me

I've been to coral corral in oldsmar with friends haven't bought anything besides 2 small live rock to seed my base but his prices seem pretty high.. I love marine warehouse in tampa going there alone is awesome to look from fresh to salt new tanks etc but unfortunately no matter what I buy there it dies.. My coral beauty lasted a day and cichlids never survive. I have a peppermint shrimp and a few hermits but that place from my experience is ridden with ich wiped out my fresh tanks twice. Looks like my go to for new fish will be faois!

Anyone try out a2z corals in land o lakes?