PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn help.

Jonnyacrofeed
07/05/2014, 08:39 PM
Hi I recently bought a frogspawn coral for my 28 gallon JBJ nano cube with led lights. Originally I put it in the middle of the tank about halfway up, where it could get a lot of light and decent flow. Unfortunately the coral started to turn a clear white and the polyops were not as extended. It seemed like the parts of the coral that were not in the light as much had more color though. So I now moved the coral to the bottom of the tank with less light and flow. Not sure why but it seems a little more colorful there. The polyops are extended but they still don't seem as full as before when I first got the coral. It also sometimes releases a stringy brown substance. What is that? How can I make this coral happy in my tank? Is my lighting good for this coral? Thanks.

undeadmoto
07/05/2014, 09:50 PM
Frogs dont like a huge amount of flow but a lot of light the brown stringy substance is stinger tentacles they use to attack other corals. you may need to put in a less flow area and that should make it happier.

phillrodrigo
07/06/2014, 02:45 PM
Any euphyllia can be in almost no flow and be as happy as a clam. Mine actually are the fullest they will ever be with power heads off