PDA

View Full Version : How can I take apart Jebao WP25? Not working

ps2cho
07/05/2014, 10:49 PM
I am having an issue with one of my pumps.
I have the twin controller. One works fine, the other just stops.

If I grab it and move it around, it starts again. Then stops again after 5-10secs. Its not a cleaning issue because when it turns on, its going full power. When it stops there is no motion from the motor at all. It is stone cold dead.

I ran it standalone to eliminate the twin controller and power supply --it still didnt work.
I think its an internal wiring issue that isn't making a full connection and when I touch the pump it starts again.

Can I take it fully apart and take a look?

ps2cho
07/06/2014, 09:57 AM
So I removed it from the tank this morning even though it has not been running all night and the pump was hot...

Weird.

Dmorty217
07/06/2014, 10:39 AM
So I removed it from the tank this morning even though it has not been running all night and the pump was hot...

Weird.

Where did you get it from? Some on here have written that fish street stands behind them? If you bought from Reefbreeders then the warranty is offered thru them

ps2cho
07/06/2014, 12:35 PM
I got it from fish street, but they said I didn't buy it from them. My paypal shows [email protected], so I am lost...

I pulled the back cover off the pump, but there is nothing behind it. I think its molded together in one. I don't see any way to access the bearing unless I missed it?

EDIT: I just realized it was not the new one...its the one I have had for 9 months. I bought it off ebay. I see now that there are two different versions of the wp-25. One has a different body to the other although they are the same size. It has different grooves.

Guess I am out of luck then.