PDA

View Full Version : Need help Figuring thIs out.

Molly1414
07/09/2014, 12:01 AM
Hi
Hoping someone can help with this.
I had a 29 bio cube set up with lots of Acans and Zoes who were all growing and happy. The tank had a Kessil A360W And the coral was 20 inches from the light. I ran out of room in the tank so built a 100 gallon frag tank with a 50 gallon sump. I have a new Kessil A360WE over the new frag tank and the coral is 22 inches from the light. The tank is shallow so the water depth is not as deep as on the bio cube. I have a reef octopus skimmer in the sump. I have 130 pounds of cured live rock in the sump. I cycled the tank and did a big water change when the cycle was complete. I moved my coral into the new frag tank a little at a time. The Acans and Zoes are not happy. The Acans are open but not like they were and the Zoe's open for a few hours and then close up.
My water parameters are :
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ph 7.9
Calcium 480
Akalinity 9 dkh
Magnesium 1500
Phosphate .25
Salinity 1.025
In the bio cube I was using red sea coral pro salt which has a higher alkalinity and ph then the seachem reef salt
So a few things are different in this tank:
1 The light is slightly stronger, set up slightly higher but the water depth is shallower 10 inches vs 3 inches under the water
2. The salt used is different red sea coral pro vs seachem reef
3. The phosphate is different 0 vs .25
4. The alkalinity is different 9 vs 10-12 the ph is 7.9 vs 8.3
So where is the biggest problem here? What should I do first to fix things so my coral is happy again? Could the phosphate be the issue?
Thanks

Pife
07/09/2014, 05:19 AM
You changed a lot. I think the combo of getting blasted with new brighter light and the different parameters are enough to cause your corals to act differently.