PDA

View Full Version : Bacterial Infection or Flukes?

Whistl3r
07/09/2014, 09:13 AM
I recently added a Blue Tang and Kole Tang to my tank that came in with Ich, long story short everyone ended up coming out of the DT so it could sit fallow. I ran all my fish through TTM for 15 days and then into a QT for observation.

I am 2 weeks into observation and was about to start Prazi when I noticed the Bllue tang flashing on the rock I have in the QT. I waited 2 days to continue observing and this morning he has something obvious on him. For lack of a better term if looks like white pieces of fuzz. He is the only fish in the QT that appears to be affected. I am planning to go ahead and start Prazi today but had a couple questions I was hoping someone here could help with.

Do the pictures appear to be flukes or perhaps simply a generic bacterial infection? I am pretty sure it is not crypto as this looks dramatically different than the previous "salt" type spots.

Is Prazi effective against generic bacterial infections?

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/9Pgiz

Newsmyrna80
07/09/2014, 12:39 PM
Prazi us not effective against infections. You could do a FW dip to confirm flukes. It's hard to tell from the pics if it's an infection, flukes or ich. IME flukes are nearly impossible to see on a fish because they are nearly transparent until they are exposed to freshwater.

Whistl3r
07/09/2014, 01:16 PM
Ok Thanks for the input, I was hoping you would see the thread since you appear to be the resident expert on flukes.

Newsmyrna80
07/09/2014, 03:37 PM
Lol I don't know about expert but definitely experienced;)