PDA

View Full Version : 29g BC/OceanRevive T247 question

hypnoj
07/10/2014, 08:59 PM
I have a 29g BC with a hood. I know there are a few retrofit kits that exist out there, but I'd prefer to get a ready made fixture that can fit in the hood if possible. This way if I ditch the biocube, I have a usable light fixture to put over another tank. Has anyone used the T247 mounted within a BC hood before? Anyone see any problems with doing it? Has anyone used any other pre-made fixture to mount within a BC hood? Lend me your knowledge and opinions!

scuzy
07/10/2014, 09:02 PM
Overheating is a big issue under the hood. The retrofit kids have fans for cooling in the hood.

hypnoj
07/10/2014, 09:07 PM
Overheating is a big issue under the hood. The retrofit kids have fans for cooling in the hood.

I hear ya. The BC hood is vented with fans in it, I was sort of hoping that between those vents and the fans on the unit, that enough air would move, but it's definitely a concern.

scuzy
07/10/2014, 09:34 PM
I have three fans in bc with the retrofit kit, one drawing air in one playing the new air across the heat sink, then the one on the other end fulls the hot air out.

hypnoj
07/11/2014, 04:23 AM
Which kit did you go with and what's your review of it? What are its downfalls?

scuzy
07/13/2014, 12:11 PM
I went rapid led dimmable. I added one extra fan to that kit. It's great kit really bright.