PDA

View Full Version : Reeflink not finding Vortechs

Kannon50
07/13/2014, 09:56 AM
Just set up my new tank, my reeflink found the 3 radion but not my vortechs .... I have two MP40 wes models. Brand new. Do have to update my vortech or something in order to get them to work?

Already updated the reeflink.

Tried unplugging them and plugging them back In. Also tried scan for other products. Neither worked. ....

Little help here please.

Alex Y EcoTech
07/14/2014, 06:34 AM
Kannon,

You will need to firmware update your VorTech pumps. In order to do this, please select the "Devices" tab then "add Legacy Vortechs".

Kannon50
07/23/2014, 12:46 PM
Kannon,

You will need to firmware update your VorTech pumps. In order to do this, please select the "Devices" tab then "add Legacy Vortechs".

Thanks man!!!

got it figured out. wouldnt work from the iphone app, had to do it from my computer.

BTW when is the Android App gonna launch?

Alex Y EcoTech
07/23/2014, 01:49 PM
Kannon,

The Android app is available on the Google Play Store.

Kannon50
07/23/2014, 04:43 PM
Kannon,

The Android app is available on the Google Play Store.

is it avaliable with the Vortech Control?

Alex Y EcoTech
07/24/2014, 09:47 AM
Kannon,

VorTech control is available through the Android app, but only certain features at this time.

Skuba
07/24/2014, 05:51 PM
How long should the update take. Mines been flashing green n blue about 10 minutes

Alex Y EcoTech
07/25/2014, 06:29 AM
Skuba,

The firmware update for your VorTechs should take 3-4 minutes. If you have trouble updating, I would recommend power cycling the pump and moving it to a new location. (even if only several feet away) From there, begin the firmware update process again.

Skuba
07/25/2014, 09:55 AM
Skuba,

The firmware update for your VorTechs should take 3-4 minutes. If you have trouble updating, I would recommend power cycling the pump and moving it to a new location. (even if only several feet away) From there, begin the firmware update process again.

Your saying move the pump further away from reef link? Also I read a post saying when you update have the wet and dry sides seperated?

Alex Y EcoTech
07/25/2014, 02:25 PM
Skuba,

I would recommend moving the ReefLink further from any wireless devices in the area, and also trying to move the VorTech controller if possible. In addition, you won't need to de-couple the wet and dryside when firmware updating.