PDA

View Full Version : Reef shop in Galveston?

Hellion179
07/13/2014, 04:29 PM
Gonna be in Galveston for a few days, then headed back south. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good shops i should stop in before heading back home. Harlingen doesnt have much to offer in the ways of reef stuff.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask. Short on time and could really use some help.

Lawman5014
07/16/2014, 08:54 PM
I was just in galveston a month ago for a little vacation and I didn't find any reef shops (then again I didn't look really either) but there was an awesome shop you should check out on the main seawall Street next to the beach. It's called Murdocks and is right on the beach. You can't miss it. It's just a short distance past the big ferris wheel fair area. It's the shop with the big clams and shells out front on their steps. They sell a bunch of touristy stuff but also have some awesome dead coral pieces in the back of the shop that look amazing for a tank.

Also if you like some other random ocean stuff there is a shop down town that sells only salvage from wrecked boats (but that one is pricey)