PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Anemone

stefannie
07/16/2014, 01:40 AM
I have this large carpet anemone that I've had for some time now (little over a year).. Has 2 happy clowns that go wherever it goes.. but that is my problem, it moves SO much around my tank. The guy at the local store said they shouldn't move as much as mine does. Please is this normal? It's 180gal btw 284498284499

Breadman03
07/16/2014, 04:48 AM
It appears to be very bleached out. What kind of lighting do you have over that tank? What are the tank's parameters (salinity, nitrates, etc)?

Reefahholic
07/16/2014, 05:01 AM
That Haddoni is super bleached. However, it appears to be healthy. I would definetly check your water parameters and lighting. Was this NEM sick, stressed, or deflated at one point?

This thread needs to be moved to the "Anemone and Clown" forum. We can help you over there. A lot of experienced reefers who've been keeping Haddoni's for years.

Mods, please move this thread over if you see this. Thx!

RA
07/16/2014, 05:33 AM
It appears to be very bleached out. What kind of lighting do you have over that tank? What are the tank's parameters (salinity, nitrates, etc)?

As mentioned what lighting do you have? If the anemone keeps moving it means that it is not happy in it's current location. You have a lot of cyano algae also, are you keeping up with your water changes? Using RO/DI water?

stefannie
07/16/2014, 10:26 AM
I'll move to that suggested thread and post my replies to all of your questions.