PDA

View Full Version : Which acan color is your favorite?

Fish Ed
07/17/2014, 08:53 AM
Which is your favorite aacan color/color combination?

I'm can't decide which color to get from my buddy's. He has 50+ and I'm just planning to buy 1 or 2.

Also, in terms of rarity which color/color combo is rare?:spin2:

jamiepm
07/17/2014, 10:00 AM
I tend to favor the red blue for its "regular" beauty and inexpensive price, easy of care and low stress on me to watch it every minute. I also really like some of the bright orange blue stripe green mouth, but they don't give those away and I find myself looking at them every five minutes to see if a new polyp grew

MrCaveman
07/19/2014, 01:49 PM
I saw at the wholesale the other day (I work at LFS) a large colony that had white train tracks, red walls and yellow mouths. There are so many awsome acans but this one stood out. I wanted it badly for my personal tank but spent the money on an achilles tang. I hope it's still there next week.

Reef Frog
07/20/2014, 11:48 AM
Orange are nice and more uncommon than the reds. True multiple colored rainbows are the most striking IMO but I never see them locally and only rarely on line. The ones on line often look to be photoshopped & can command crazy prices but I'm no expert on the topic.

If you see a rainbow in person, the price is reasonable and have confidence in the seller, I'd grab 'em. You can get the reds, greens or oranges another day.