PDA

View Full Version : i did a really dumb thing

Nina51
07/20/2014, 09:23 AM
last time i mixed water for a wc, i forgot to put the lid back on the bucket of salt. it was a beautiful evening, cool but it's illinois so it was humid. i threw all the windows open and slept like a baby (till one of my dogs heard a leaf rustle outside :rolleye1:).

later the next day, i noticed the lid on the floor. the salt on top was very damp and after digging down a couple of inches, i found it to be clumped together in one big solid mess.

can i still use this salt or is it history? it's only about 1/3 of the bucket so it wouldn't bother me to throw it in the shed and use it on the ice next winter.

i swear by all that's holy, i'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on! :headwalls:

pepetj
07/20/2014, 09:31 AM
I live in the Caribbean where humidity is quite high all year long.

It's quite common for me to find somewhat large clumps of salt in my salt mix bags easily.

To this day all I do is brake it appart as I dump it in the water container when I'm making saltwater and leave it there with a powerhead running. In a few hours the clumps are gone.

I have had no ill effects (that I am aware of) so far with this phenomena.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

Nina51
07/20/2014, 11:13 AM
you live where i've always wanted to visit! :)

thanks for your input. guess i'll go ahead and use it for my next wc.

ryanerickson
07/20/2014, 11:16 AM
I have used the io clump salt outta desperation lol nothing wrong with it.

crn005
07/20/2014, 11:19 AM
I live in Houston where the humidity is awful and have had the same thing happen to me with every bucket or bag of salt I have owned. It's just the norm with me. Absolutely nothing wrong with the clumps. I had to use a steak knife to break salt off out of my old bucket.