PDA

View Full Version : Version differences

jccaclimber
07/20/2014, 09:59 AM
This seems like an easy question that a quick search can solve, but I can't seem to find the answer. What are the differences between the various generations of vortech pumps?

1) White metal box
2) White plastic box (wider)
3) Blue plastic box (wider)
4) White plastic ES box (taller)

I understand the ES functions added with #4 as well as wireless vs. non wireless, but I'm not sure about the rest.

jccaclimber
07/28/2014, 04:04 PM
Anyone? I know this info is out there but for whatever reason can't seem to find it via Google.

EcoTech Marine
07/28/2014, 05:55 PM
1) This was the first ever VorTech pump released and only has speed control as well as a less reliable wet side.

2) This refers to the Wireless Wave Driver or WWD. This was the industries first ever wirelessly communicating aquarium pump. This pump has a single LED to show which mode the pump is in as well as two buttons (mode/set).

3) The blue box was reserved for non-wireless pumps such as the MP20 and MP10 non-wireless. Not very common and only sold for about a nine months.

4) This is the EcoSmart driver box which features LED indicators for speed and other functions as well as three buttons. Much more functionality than previous drivers and this driver is still around to this day.