PDA

View Full Version : Question about the RADION XR15

WhiteTang
07/22/2014, 10:32 AM
(this message is addressed to EcoTech marine)

Hi!
I have a couple questions about the Radion XR15.

1) I would like to know how much control I will have over the Radion XR15 without the reeflink controller. Will I be able to dim the light? Change the color temperature? Have sunrise/sunset effect?

2) How often does the LED cooling fan go on/off and how loud is it? I know this is a subjective question but I have a constant 22° to 24°C in the room where the tank is. The tank is a 16g IM Nuvo I am guessing that I will not need to run the lamp on 100% intensity.

PS. I had bought a Kessil 150w in the past which I had to return because of the fan noise.

EcoTech Marine
07/22/2014, 12:15 PM
(this message is addressed to EcoTech marine)

Hi!
I have a couple questions about the Radion XR15.

1) I would like to know how much control I will have over the Radion XR15 without the reeflink controller. Will I be able to dim the light? Change the color temperature? Have sunrise/sunset effect?

2) How often does the LED cooling fan go on/off and how loud is it? I know this is a subjective question but I have a constant 22° to 24°C in the room where the tank is. The tank is a 16g IM Nuvo I am guessing that I will not need to run the lamp on 100% intensity.

PS. I had bought a Kessil 150w in the past which I had to return because of the fan noise.

1) You will have all of the same controls over the XR15 using ESL even without the Reeflink, however you will not be able to control the light remotely and on the fly. Without reeflink, any time you want to control the light or make a change to the program, you will need to plug it into a USB port on a computer, connect to ESL then make your changes and re-program the lights.

With a Reeflink you just need to sign into ESL from ANY web connected device and you can make your changes on the fly.

Also, VorTech pumps do not work with ESL unless a Reeflink is present. Therefore you can buy a Radion now and use it without Reeflink but if you chose to add VorTech's later you won't be able to access the advanced ESL programming for them without a Reeflink. You will still have all of the award winning built-in VorTech features such as wireless sync/anti-sync, various modes, etc.

2) Given such a small aquarium I don't believe fan noise will ever be a problem for you.

T

WhiteTang
07/22/2014, 02:57 PM
1) You will have all of the same controls over the XR15 using ESL even without the Reeflink, however you will not be able to control the light remotely and on the fly. Without reeflink, any time you want to control the light or make a change to the program, you will need to plug it into a USB port on a computer, connect to ESL then make your changes and re-program the lights.

With a Reeflink you just need to sign into ESL from ANY web connected device and you can make your changes on the fly.

Also, VorTech pumps do not work with ESL unless a Reeflink is present. Therefore you can buy a Radion now and use it without Reeflink but if you chose to add VorTech's later you won't be able to access the advanced ESL programming for them without a Reeflink. You will still have all of the award winning built-in VorTech features such as wireless sync/anti-sync, various modes, etc.

2) Given such a small aquarium I don't believe fan noise will ever be a problem for you.

T

Thank you.