PDA

View Full Version : How to connect my APEX to access from outside the house

Osama
07/23/2014, 09:19 AM
Please can someone provide guidance on how to access my APEX from outside the house/network. I am using xFinity service and a Foscam camera on my system. Thanks

SPotter
07/23/2014, 09:27 AM
Please can someone provide guidance on how to access my APEX from outside the house/network. I am using xFinity service and a Foscam camera on my system. Thanks

Hey Osama, I have been working on setting my Apex back up for the last two nights after being packed away for a year. I have xfinity as well and portforwarding is proving to be difficult. I signed up for apexfusion and that was very easy to do. Do you have a wireless game adapter hooked up to your apex yet?

Osama
07/23/2014, 09:33 AM
Hi Steve. I used in the past Neptue and loved it and with my new system I am loving my APEX as well. I do not have a wireless game adapter and not sure of its usefulness? I can access my APEX & camera foscam 8910W from within my home network but not outside the home.
Do I need the game adapter for external to the house access. Appreciate the help.

SPotter
07/23/2014, 09:36 AM
Hi Steve. I used in the past Neptue and loved it and with my new system I am loving my APEX as well. I do not have a wireless game adapter and not sure of its usefulness? I can access my APEX & camera foscam 8910W from within my home network but not outside the home.
Do I need the game adapter for external to the house access. Appreciate the help.

so is your apex hardwired to your home router?

Osama
07/23/2014, 09:47 AM
Yes My APEX is hardwired to my Home Network and (at least for now) I am very OK with it
Here is a picture of my APEX screen for Info. I would like to be able to see same outside the house!!
http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w664/osamazaben/My%20500g%20Reef/Apex1_zpsc026105b.png (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/osamazaben/media/My%20500g%20Reef/Apex1_zpsc026105b.png.html)

SPotter
07/23/2014, 09:50 AM
looks great but how is the base unit for the apex connected to your home router???? the easiest way to gain access right now would be by signing up for apexfusion.

Osama
07/23/2014, 10:01 AM
Steve ...My Apex is hard wired to my network (I am OK with it this way at least for the foreseeable future). Used to be able to get the APEX data outside the home. Maybe when we upgraded the xFinity router parameters were changed that need to be re-established. I do not know. I will try out fusion if there is no easy way to re-establish my connection to the outside world ..

SPotter
07/23/2014, 10:02 AM
fusion will definitely get you access from outside your home but if there is ever a problme with the cloud technology then you will lose access.

Osama
07/23/2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks Steve. I'll try to get connected without fusion if I can .. If not I'll go the fusion way and many thanks . maybe xFinity can help set routing to an IP address somehow .. will be checking with them as well!!