PDA

View Full Version : Possible fish additions?

Copedog95
07/23/2014, 11:29 AM
I have recently (last week) started a 75 gallon reef tank. I have around 65 pounds of live rock, a Zoanthid, a Blue cup, and a snake polyps, with one small blue tang, a sailfin tang, and a female clownfish. Looking to add more fish, are there any that would benefit my tank, or just suggestions for some good looking fish that would be compatible? Thanks!

Xavibear
07/23/2014, 12:40 PM
Rehome the tangs, they need a much larger tank.

AZBigJohn
07/23/2014, 12:45 PM
It really depends on what you want to accomplish and enjoy. I personally like flasher and fairy wrasses, as they are out and very colorful, and several would work in your 75 gallon, just be careful that you research which species interact well.

Also, which species of clown? The "darker" the clown, generally the more territory they will claim and the less occupants they will share tanks space with.

And yes, as they grow, both tangs will rapidly outgrow that tank. Both tangs need a -minimum of a 6'-8' long tank for swimming and grazing room.

shesacharmer
07/23/2014, 12:53 PM
Did you cycle the tank prior to adding fish?

E46Twist
07/23/2014, 06:47 PM
Tangs have to go. In a small tank I like to do more small fish than one or two larger ones. Blennies, dartfish, and gobies are some good choices if you keep the right ones together. My overall favorite is my scooter blenny, he is always good for a laugh

Booboobear259
07/23/2014, 07:56 PM
+1 on that