PDA

View Full Version : Fowleri Tang - Heavy Breathing

FishBoy05
07/25/2014, 08:31 PM
:lol::lol:Yesterday I received a 10 inch Fowleri (Stunning fish). Two others in the shipping box are doing great- a 4 inch clown trigger and 9 inch thick Jansens wrasse. The tang has been "breathing heavy" from the point of opening the box. He went thru normal acc. - Then hid all night the first day (I know I'm not worried).

Here is the problem; today it still seems he is struggling to keep his gills going. - He's just breathing heaving like a dog panting. After I did the daily feeding he just blew some sand in what looks like a search for food. There is not another tang or any other tank mate giving him problems.

Is it a ph problem? Other fish are fine, but most have been in the tank for many years.

I'll try to grab a pic tomm but it's long day at work at the pizza palace!
Thanks in advance! - Kris

I don't want to over react but this is a fish I've wanted for the last 12 years I've been interested in tanks and it is an awesome fish.

HumbleFish
07/25/2014, 09:10 PM
Could be a disease afflicting his gills - ich, flukes, etc. Or it could be ammonia burn from the bag/acclimation. Any redness around the gills?

las
08/19/2014, 11:33 PM
Pic? How's he doin now?

Dmorty217
08/20/2014, 08:38 PM
Treat for flukes then I would do TTM to eliminate any possibility of ich

snorvich
08/21/2014, 11:02 AM
Treat for flukes then I would do TTM to eliminate any possibility of ich

Except, of course, he is in the display tank.

Dmorty217
08/21/2014, 11:50 AM
Except, of course, he is in the display tank.

Ah yes, but that is why you should do things right the first time around. You can either setup a QT and treat, or deal with these issues as long as you don't bite the bullet and rid the tank/fish of disease