PDA

View Full Version : Dubby's Second Attempt at Saltwater [IM Nuvo 4 Build]

DubbyTee
07/26/2014, 07:55 AM
I posted this on another site too, but I figured it would be good to post here to in order to get more feedback!

Hey everyone!

After about 2 years off from the hobby, I decided that it was time to get back into it. I had a previous tank that was alright. It was FOWLR, and I had it going for about 11 months (a 10 gallon tank) until it died off because I went on vacation and had no one to properly look after it.

After weeks of looking at what I wanted, I finally went to the LFS that is about 45 minutes away and bit the bullet. I left with the IM Nuvo 4, as I was searching for a tank that was AIO. I really just planned on setting up the tank, and decided where to place it yesterday, but of course I couldn't do that.

Because I have terrible gas mileage, I took the easy and convenient way out and went to Petco instead of going to the LFS again. I bought some of their live rock, Caribsea live sand, a thermometer, real ocean water, and a timer for my lights. Today I went out and got RO water, and a turkey baster to help clean things up.

Yesterday the tank was extremely cloudy, and I decided that I was not going to take any pictures of it. When I woke up this morning, I woke up to the nice surprise of it being pretty clear, and I was able to take this picture with my iPhone (mind the quality).

Of course, I saw that there was sand everywhere (I might have put too much sand in the tank to begin with...) but I tried to clean it off with my turkey baster, and of course I stirred up the sand again....

Everything that I have is stock right now with the tank. It is using the stock lights, and the stock filter.

Any help or suggestions with the tank would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!