PDA

View Full Version : How does everybody mix the 4g buckets of bionic?

Dapg8gt
07/27/2014, 09:07 PM
don't think this one will get answered but I'm Looking for some advice on what is your process for mixing the 4g buckets of 2-part bionic? I've just stepped up from the 1g ones to the big ones because my 105g tank is using about 1g of each part every 3 weeks so I'm due for the big dawg ..

Do you weigh the water or just use gallon jugs? Mixing these things is going to be a pita especially the alk so any pointers is appreciated I know to heat the water but do you just shake it like the jugs? I can't fathom any other way but thought I'd ask lol. .. Feel kinda dumb sking this question lol but it is what it is =)..

Hope this doesn't turn into a "why are you using bionic?" fwiw I have tried both ways over the years and I prefer the bionic ..

Thanks,
Daniel

scuzy
07/27/2014, 09:14 PM
Are the bionic better than the two parts from bulk reef?

Dapg8gt
07/27/2014, 09:25 PM
Are the bionic better than the two parts from bulk reef?

No not necessarily I just have better results with it and I use less.. I think its more of a personal thing with me and having a good history of stability with it.. It has some other things in it that the randy's/brs doesn't but I couldn't tell you if it's better or not.. I just know that my tank does better with it and my pumps run less..

If you do brs did you see my post in our local forum? I have a lot of alk mix(bicarb) for super cheap.. Same grade as brs for half the price.. Pm me if your interested I can knock a little more off the price for you..