PDA

View Full Version : Code for ON delay

Ansphire
07/28/2014, 07:10 AM
Hello,

I do not have a check valve and my return and my sump gets about 6" of water if power fails. When power is back my skimmer turns on and fills much faster than the return pump, so It always overflows.

Until I get a check valve (not that I trust them anyway) I would like to set a code that tells the skimmer to wait 15 mins after power is back on to turn on.

If power off 001 then min 15:00 then off????

Thank you for the help in advance.

aleithol
07/28/2014, 10:05 AM
Syntax for "If Power" requires you designate if the test is for when your Apex Controller or an Energy Bar looses power. There is a subtle difference between the two. From your description, you're probably thinking about if your Energy Bar looses power. In that case, you could put this in your skimmer outlet programming, likely as the last statement or close to it depending on your other logic.

If Power EB8_3 OFF 015 Then OFF

You replace "EB8_3" with the name of your Energy Bar that has your skimmer attached to it. The statement effectively says "If power is off to your Energy Bar, and for 15 minutes after it comes back on, keep this outlet off." More info on "If Power" is in the CRM (http://www.neptunesystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Comprehensive-Reference-Manual-.pdf), starting on page 49.

...also in lieu of a check valve that comes with it's own set of challenges, you may want to consider setting up (high and low) floats in your sump that you could test using a break-out-box, and take appropriate action in your programming. That would serve multiple purposes beyond just a power outage... Examples in that CRM I referenced above and over on Neptune Systems Community.