PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my vortech connecting to apex

xdestry
07/29/2014, 03:45 PM
Hi guys, I am trying to connect my vortech to my apex through wxm. One is connected fine but the other one is having some trouble. Before this vortech "1" was the master and vortech "2" was the slave. Both are plugged into a extension cord which is plugged into a gfci. Anyways vortech 1 is connected fine now , under the configuration it shows

Vortech_7_1 - Rev 2.2 OK-1

I can control everything fine through the dashboard and there are no problems. However vortech 2 after connecting is flashing green and I am unable to control it through the apex dashboard. In configuration it shows

Vortech_7_2 - Rev 2.2 Battery OK-2

and in the dashboard it shows up, but where it says LGON 75% on the first vortech this one says BATTERY OK in red.

I cant turn it on or off using the switch in the dashboard it just stays flashing green. I have tried resetting the second vortech and doing the connection process again (press set 8 or so times) and the same thing is happening. Neither vortech has the battery backup plugged in, both are just plugged into the wall. Anybody know whats going on?

xdestry
07/30/2014, 12:23 AM
Anyone

mikeatjac
07/30/2014, 03:39 AM
Did you unplug the first while working with the second?

xdestry
07/30/2014, 11:29 AM
No I didn't, I'll try that out thanks

adtravels
07/30/2014, 01:46 PM
There is and update to the firmware that may help, see the apex forums.... I don't know if this is your answer though.

xdestry
07/30/2014, 04:42 PM
Heh, it turns out I had that vortech plugged into the power brick for the battery backup instead of the one for the vortech which is supposed to be the "switching power supply". The vortech had absolutely no problem running for a month or so as a slave, but when set as a master or connected to the WXM it wasn't able to run off that brick. Thanks for the help guys check your power bricks!