PDA

View Full Version : Where's that Frag swap?

tommer725
07/29/2014, 04:17 PM
Remember that frag swap that was posted for this September? Anyone know what happened to that thread?

johnike
07/29/2014, 04:27 PM
This one?
https://www.facebook.com/events/1467458900134585/

cub21rak
07/29/2014, 04:33 PM
Lol a mod deleted it! Wow tried to find a board member and found there isn't a board structure but someone said it should be ok to post. Well a mod didn't like me doing that so he deleted my post and all others posts I had recently posted. No it's not indmas but I don't want to go into further details for chance this mod decides to ban me!!! My suggestion is google September 21st frag swap and see what comes up. Hope this post doesn't get me banned

johnike
07/29/2014, 04:50 PM
Oops then, sorry if I stirred the pot.
Had no idea.

cub21rak
07/29/2014, 05:13 PM
It's ok. You want information and these rules make it hard sometimes to share that info.

johnike
07/29/2014, 05:15 PM
I'll be there.
Can't wait to see my pal Beefy.

tommer725
07/30/2014, 12:36 AM
Lol a mod deleted it! Wow tried to find a board member and found there isn't a board structure but someone said it should be ok to post. Well a mod didn't like me doing that so he deleted my post and all others posts I had recently posted. No it's not indmas but I don't want to go into further details for chance this mod decides to ban me!!! My suggestion is google September 21st frag swap and see what comes up. Hope this post doesn't get me banned
They shouldn't delete you. You posted a swap, as the majority of us had given you permission. I honestly don't know why it was deleted, and am a little suprised it was to. I plan to attend also. Will be fun.

cub21rak
07/30/2014, 02:37 AM
They shouldn't delete you. You posted a swap, as the majority of us had given you permission. I honestly don't know why it was deleted, and am a little suprised it was to. I plan to attend also. Will be fun.

I'd hope not.
See I thought I was doing it proper. I looked for a board member. None here. I contacted a secretary of cmas who said he didn't see a problem with me posting in that section. Also did the same with indmas prez. Also in the Corareef section. So I posted and put a note letting mod know I had gotten permission from board members to post there. In indmas the president even commented on my post. Well I guess there's a rule saying that in order to post it needs to be posted by that sections board member. Ok so if that's the rule fine, then this mod could have pm me and expressed the problem and what I should do to fix it rather then deleting my posts then giving me a warning.
There's a section on RC main page for posting about events. I posted there and there's only 60 or so views. Before my post got deleted in these areas it was getting 100+ views.
Would you guys have heard about the swap without me posting it here?
I'm sure there are still sooooo many others that haven't heard about it.

BrianD
07/30/2014, 08:50 AM
You need to let it go. All you have to do is send the information to the other club board members and ask them to post it in their forum. It really is as simple as that. You can do the same thing here in CIMA by sending the link to Syrinx and he can post it for you.

Threads like that are removed because clubs have complained in the past about events being posted to their club forums that may conflict with events they have planned. To eliminate this problem, we ask that the club board members be asked to post these events. That way there is no doubt as to whether or not the club officers have given approval.

This requirement was shared with you over a year ago. I would suggest you stop stirring this pot and simply take that small step.

DgenR8
07/30/2014, 09:35 AM
For those of you that were not part of the Private Messages between the staff here and cub, this is stuck at the top of ALL club forums here;

In the continuing effort to curb forum spam while at the same time supporting the local clubs the staff of Reef Central asks that advertising club events remain limited to the forum of the club holding the event. Additional advertising is provided in the announcement forum and in Reef Keeping magazine. Neighboring clubs who wish to support each other’s events can do so by having a club officer post the neighbors’ event in their forum. This will prevent conflict between club events and help reduce the possibility of abuse while allowing each club the privilege of advertising in the forums provided through the web site. We realize the importance of club events and the need to advertise them but at the same we all must respect the boundaries of our neighbors, as the events they are holding are just as important to them as yours is to you.

You need a BOD member to post your event for you, that way, there can be no confusion, it's BOD approved. Not to suggest that anywhere in our 300,000 members there's someone that would lie, but just in case, posting that you asked and were given permission does not cut it. What you need to do is clearly spelled out in the announcement quoted above.

DgenR8
07/30/2014, 09:38 AM
Now that this has been explained at least a dozen times, if you haven't got it, you're not going to get it. I can't do anything else to help that.

syrinx
07/30/2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah I was going to just write up something on my own for it, but I figured this thread pretty much got the info out, and didnt know what was going on behind the scenes.

cub21rak
07/30/2014, 06:42 PM
What do I need to do to post in sections that don't have a club affiliation? Like the northern ohio reefers section?

DgenR8
07/31/2014, 04:04 AM
What do I need to do to post in sections that don't have a club affiliation? Like the northern ohio reefers section?

At this point, there are no provisions in place to address this.