PDA

View Full Version : Reeflink needs to be unplugged/plugged in to work.

jlanger
08/01/2014, 09:30 AM
Every time that I try to use ESL to make adjustments to my lighting, the Reeflink does not connect to the lights.
It happens whether I use the app on my iPhone or using Google Chrome from my Mac.
The light ring is always blue; until I unplug/plug it in and it cycles the green/orange and then blue.

If I unplug the Reeflink unit and let it start back up, it works fine; for a while.
Sometimes the Reeflink will kick out after a few minutes, but other times it will be fine for an hour.

Just wondering why I need to unplug the Reeflink each time I want to access my lights; and eventually pumps.

Thanks.

GatorAlum05
08/01/2014, 11:25 AM
rf interference.

Alex Y EcoTech
08/01/2014, 02:11 PM
jlanger,

I would recommend you try using an hardline ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi. Also, moving the ReefLink to a different area in your home may also help resolve your connection issues.

aqua1dude
08/01/2014, 03:46 PM
I often have the same problem. I login and get an error stating that reeflink is offline. I plugged in an Ethernet cable weeks ago to rule out wifi issues and I still get the error that reeflink is offline. It doesn't happen every time but it's often enough to be a pain.

jlanger
08/07/2014, 09:53 PM
Moving the ReefLink away from the tank worked.
But it created havoc with my printer and Mac.

I moved the ReefLink out into the room adjoining the aquarium; away from the computer, printer and aquarium. And now everything works just fine.

Thanks.

johnmiller81
08/09/2014, 01:03 AM
I have the same issue and have been wired since day one. Latest firmware. Any updates?

Kannon50
08/12/2014, 08:25 AM
do you have a baby monitor in your house?

i had the same issues untill we unplugged the baby monitor

ClownsRCoo
08/12/2014, 11:22 AM
Mine is hardwired and even I have to do this every now and then. No matter if I unplug and plug back in or even unplug the power and restart the reef link I can't get mine to connect anymore. Alex can you mp me something else to try to get it back working?

nazarma
08/13/2014, 01:15 AM
Same issue here. Randomly disconnects and have to unplug power. I am also hard wired

Alex Y EcoTech
08/13/2014, 06:15 AM
Mine is hardwired and even I have to do this every now and then. No matter if I unplug and plug back in or even unplug the power and restart the reef link I can't get mine to connect anymore. Alex can you mp me something else to try to get it back working?

I would try moving the ReefLink to a different area of your home. That said, we are aware of some connectivity issues and are actively working on a solution.

nazarma
08/14/2014, 12:34 AM
Thank you Alex. I will try that

aqua1dude
08/14/2014, 09:58 AM
I noticed that ESL now shows an offline mode warning in red which was never there before. That shows that EcoTech is working on improving things.

ClownsRCoo
08/14/2014, 03:17 PM
The offline deal has been there. I get that all the time when Im able to actually sign on to ESL but cant make any changes to my lights that will actually effect anything. That is an additional connection problem that i get all the time as well.

aqua1dude
08/14/2014, 04:59 PM
I don't recall seeing the red offline warning in the past. I would receive the two pop up warning on the top right side of the screen. Those warnings were yellow square pop up boxes.

EcoTech Support
08/17/2014, 09:23 AM
I don't recall seeing the red offline warning in the past. I would receive the two pop up warning on the top right side of the screen. Those warnings were yellow square pop up boxes.

We are working hard at improving connectivity and are looking to release an update in the near future.. We added the red Offline mode "badge" to keep you informed that you are offline, but can still make changes to your schedule if necessary.

johnmiller81
08/18/2014, 10:25 AM
Hi Shaun,

I have been having the same problem for a while (2 months, maybe more) and can't really get an answer out of support. About every other day I have to power cycle the reeflink (even with a blue light). In addition, since this started happening my vortechs over the course of a week, week half will get off schedule and I'll have to re-add the primary back as a new device. I suspect this is because the reeflink is offline for a few days. (I believe the vortechs perform a time sync check)

I have RCN cable service, connected via ethernet, latest firmware, and been running a PING test to confirm no dropped internet packets.

I noticed in the debug_log.txt the following error (over multiple days).
[7-14-2014 1:14:9 WEB_SOCKET L0] Error sending message to web socket server: 1635

Does this provide any insight as this issue has been throwing off my reef.

Oh and the most recent ticket I have open is #44482 (prefer not to post my ecotech email)

EcoTech Support
08/18/2014, 03:08 PM
Hi Shaun,

I have been having the same problem for a while (2 months, maybe more) and can't really get an answer out of support. About every other day I have to power cycle the reeflink (even with a blue light). In addition, since this started happening my vortechs over the course of a week, week half will get off schedule and I'll have to re-add the primary back as a new device. I suspect this is because the reeflink is offline for a few days. (I believe the vortechs perform a time sync check)

I have RCN cable service, connected via ethernet, latest firmware, and been running a PING test to confirm no dropped internet packets.

I noticed in the debug_log.txt the following error (over multiple days).
[7-14-2014 1:14:9 WEB_SOCKET L0] Error sending message to web socket server: 1635

Does this provide any insight as this issue has been throwing off my reef.

Oh and the most recent ticket I have open is #44482 (prefer not to post my ecotech email)

We acknowledge that there has been ReefLink connectivity issues lately and have been working on a solution. For now you will have to power cycle your ReefLink and/or your Vortechs to keep them all in sync. This is only the case if you can't get connected.

johnmiller81
08/22/2014, 10:27 PM
Shaun,

Thanks for the reply. This issue makes me very disappointed in the ecotech products. For someone who has to travel all the time and rely on others to feed their tank this becomes a disaster. For example, i had to turn the lights on 30 minutes early the other day so someone could perform maintenance on my tank. Went to login and it was offline. Left me yet again in a SOL moment.

The only solution available is me investing in a $5 outlet timer which will power off my reeflink for 1 minute and back on everyday. I invested a lot of money in the ecotech ecosystem based on the reeflink integration and capability.

Sorry to be blunt.

EcoTech Support
08/23/2014, 08:03 AM
Shaun,

Thanks for the reply. This issue makes me very disappointed in the ecotech products. For someone who has to travel all the time and rely on others to feed their tank this becomes a disaster. For example, i had to turn the lights on 30 minutes early the other day so someone could perform maintenance on my tank. Went to login and it was offline. Left me yet again in a SOL moment.

The only solution available is me investing in a $5 outlet timer which will power off my reeflink for 1 minute and back on everyday. I invested a lot of money in the ecotech ecosystem based on the reeflink integration and capability.

Sorry to be blunt.

I completely understand your frustration. Can you please private message me your EcoSmart Live email address and I will make sure you are on the list to use the new and improved connectivity enhancements.

johnmiller81
08/24/2014, 06:22 PM
Hi Shaun,

That would be great. I tried sending a private message, but it says Ecotech does not accept them. Should I just send you an email at your echotechmarine address? I have than from previous beta tests

EcoTech Support
08/25/2014, 11:50 AM
Hi Shaun,

That would be great. I tried sending a private message, but it says Ecotech does not accept them. Should I just send you an email at your echotechmarine address? I have than from previous beta tests

Yeah, that would great. Thanks!

rmcaum
08/27/2014, 10:44 AM
Same problem. I am not sure that it has ever worked one time without having to unplug it. Frustrating, but understandable that there may be bugs. I actually offered to sell it to a buddy for 50 bucks, but right now, it isn't even worth that so I felt bad and kept it. Not trying to be too harsh, but...

Tradewinds
08/30/2014, 08:43 AM
I completely understand your frustration. Can you please private message me your EcoSmart Live email address and I will make sure you are on the list to use the new and improved connectivity enhancements.

Wouldn't this be available to everyone, once it is ready?

Any updates? I keep my firmware current, the reeflink is hardwired, the status indicator is blue, but I still have to continually power cycle the reeflink before I can use it. I have also moved it to several different locations within the house to no avail.

Ronin'sReef
08/31/2014, 06:03 PM
I've been having this same issue for what seems to be a couple of months now. At first, the light ring would remain blue and only change to offline status when attempting to connect via iPhone app or ecosmartlive web page. Now, it just goes offline at random intervals and displays the green\orange\yellow ring.

I've tried it hard wired, wireless, changed locations…………..makes no difference. It’s become useless really and never seems to stay connected for more than a couple of hours. I think I’ll just leave it off and only plug it in when I want to make a config change.

pawww
09/02/2014, 06:11 PM
Today my reeflink needed yet another reboot to work. The iOS App does NOT work. My pump doesn't stay programmed, either it switches modes or the dial goes to red and white blinking.
Enough of this crap. I paid a good price for all this stuff, time to makes it WORK! What a joke.

slowsoaks
09/02/2014, 07:47 PM
+1

wouldn't this be available to everyone, once it is ready?

Any updates? I keep my firmware current, the reeflink is hardwired, the status indicator is blue, but i still have to continually power cycle the reeflink before i can use it. I have also moved it to several different locations within the house to no avail.

montiporalova
09/02/2014, 08:19 PM
+1 I just spent we'll over $2800 on echotek, xr30s, mp40s reef link and I am having the same issue.
Come on guys work faster.

EcoTech Support
09/03/2014, 08:31 AM
We have just released an update to our production beta server that should significantly improve ReefLink connectivity. To take advantage of the connectivity improvements, please make sure you are marked as a beta user in Settings > Manage Account > Participate in Beta Releases. Please note that if your ReefLink was disconnected prior to the release, you may need to power cycle it one more time to get on the new connectivity path.

pawww
09/04/2014, 05:45 PM
Today when I try ESL my reeflink, iphone and ipad are all non responsive. It's actually worse now than before your "update" and "bug fixes". I want to box this crap up and send it back.
Anyone contemplating an ecotech marine purchase should think twice, this crap don't work! I hate to see anyone else get duped.

EcoTech Support
09/04/2014, 07:36 PM
Today when I try ESL my reeflink, iphone and ipad are all non responsive. It's actually worse now than before your "update" and "bug fixes". I want to box this crap up and send it back.
Anyone contemplating an ecotech marine purchase should think twice, this crap don't work! I hate to see anyone else get duped.

We had some server trouble today and had to rebuild our cloud. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are still planning on releasing improved ReefLink connectivity in the near future. EcoSmart Live is now online.

regent2010
09/05/2014, 05:58 PM
I just spent 3 hrs to have my Reeflink & Vortech pumps updated last night. still not working now.

pawww
09/05/2014, 07:31 PM
Todays failures: NO ESL on iphone or ipad, had to unplug reeflink like every day.
Shaun O'Brien, Senior Software Architect, EcoTech Marine, you are fast losing any credibility.

percy_1981
09/06/2014, 01:31 AM
I've only had my lights a couple of days and each night the web has been down as well as the reef link so I haven't been able to make changes. I do understand that things go wrong with software but when you pay so much money for a product you expect it to work near on perfectly every time.

EcoTech Support
09/06/2014, 11:39 AM
Todays failures: NO ESL on iphone or ipad, had to unplug reeflink like every day.
Shaun O'Brien, Senior Software Architect, EcoTech Marine, you are fast losing any credibility.

Not sure what is going on with your system but we have many, many customers that are using EcoSmart Live successfully without a problem. It is much more productive if you describe what problems you are having instead of complaining.

Ronin'sReef
09/06/2014, 12:47 PM
The connection stayed up all day Friday and it was looking quite promising after the backend fix /cloud service outage. Came down this morning, and it was offline. So much for crossing one’s fingers and toes.

I work in IT and can honestly say that quite a bit of this ‘Cloud’ stuff is nonsense. I can understand why Ecotech went this route in that they wanted to be platform agnostic for the configuration and control of their products (Mac-PC). However, I truly think it’d be much better to have the web server embedded in the reeflink and not have to rely entirely on an external service where a single issue on that end can affect all end users. This of course would require different hardware and dev, but when you’ve got mini hardware platforms the likes of Raspberry-Pi available for under $50 it’s really not that expensive or all that difficult to do.

I’m not saying you guys should be using R- π for your hardware platform, and I’m sure the folk on your dev team are aware of it anyways (they make fun little toys). It’s just an example of the amazing amount of power and connectivity that can be crammed into such a small space for next to nothing.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Anyways, I hope you guys get this sorted out soon because I’m seriously considering bailing on the Reeflink and Radions and switching over to the Kessils on APEX.

Ronin'sReef
09/08/2014, 03:14 PM
And again today.......another power cycle required.

bobbyc366
09/08/2014, 05:11 PM
And again today.......another power cycle required.

I have to power cycle it every time I want to use it. Been like that from day one!

aqua1dude
09/08/2014, 05:16 PM
I'm having problems today as well. I can logon to the site but when I try to save settings it just hangs at programming group settings.

805reef
09/12/2014, 11:49 AM
Are the power cycle issues still going? I am getting ready to purchase a couple radions and possibly the reeflink. Hoping I don't have to deal with this issue...

EcoTech Support
09/12/2014, 04:44 PM
We are currently working on making ReefLink connections better. We appreciate your patience. Stay tuned for updates in the very near future.

rmcaum
09/12/2014, 05:52 PM
805 just because you asked I tried connecting from my phone. It has never worked once without cyclin the power and this time was no different. I gave up on it about a month ago. If they fix the connection, it is a pretty darn cool controller and interface. It is a good company so I suspect that it will eventually improve.

EcoTech Marine
09/13/2014, 10:17 AM
805 just because you asked I tried connecting from my phone. It has never worked once without cyclin the power and this time was no different. I gave up on it about a month ago. If they fix the connection, it is a pretty darn cool controller and interface. It is a good company so I suspect that it will eventually improve.

This is our top priority.

Mightyfish
09/13/2014, 10:39 AM
Hi Ecotech, I bought my second Pro3 and another XR15w today. Trying to add them to my reeflink but for the past 9 hours the reeflink just wouldnt turn blue. Is your site down at the moment?

EcoTech Support
09/13/2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Ecotech, I bought my second Pro3 and another XR15w today. Trying to add them to my reeflink but for the past 9 hours the reeflink just wouldnt turn blue. Is your site down at the moment?

EcoSmart Live has been running well all day. Please try again at your earliest convenience and let us know if you still can't connect. Have you tried power cycling your ReefLink?

pawww
09/19/2014, 07:40 PM
So when can we expect to be able to use the ios app for iphone and ipad? It's been unusable for several days.

Fade2White12
09/20/2014, 08:07 AM
so when can we expect to be able to use the ios app for iphone and ipad? It's been unusable for several days.

+1...

props4you
09/20/2014, 08:40 AM
so when can we expect to be able to use the ios app for iphone and ipad? It's been unusable for several days.

+1

EcoTech Support
09/20/2014, 04:49 PM
So when can we expect to be able to use the ios app for iphone and ipad? It's been unusable for several days.

We have recently found issues with iOS 8 and recent updates we made to our site. We have published a new version to the App Store however we are waiting for Apple approval. If you need iOS control immediately, please private message me and I can get you a beta build.

nazarma
09/21/2014, 10:29 AM
My reeflink seems to be working great for the past few days! I think the update worked

Tradewinds
09/21/2014, 04:21 PM
My reeflink seems to be working great for the past few days! I think the update worked

+1 Reeflink has also been working well for me. :thumbsup:

EcoTech Support
09/22/2014, 05:49 AM

That is great news! Please keep us posted if you run into any issues. Just curious, how often did your ReefLink not work? In other words, how often did you have to power cycle it to get it back online?

EcoTech Support
09/22/2014, 05:50 AM
+1 Reeflink has also been working well for me. :thumbsup:

That is very good to hear. Please keep us posted if you run into any issues. Just curious, how often did your ReefLink not work? In other words, how often did you have to power cycle it to get it back online?

Tradewinds
09/22/2014, 06:02 PM
That is very good to hear. Please keep us posted if you run into any issues. Just curious, how often did your ReefLink not work? In other words, how often did you have to power cycle it to get it back online?

I have it hardwired and central located to avoid interference with other devices. Before the upgrade I would have to power cycle it almost every time I wanted to use it.

pawww
09/26/2014, 06:30 PM
ESL is not responding again. No windows, no iOS on iphone or ipad. When can we expect this to work? I would really like to use Feed Mode without shuffling through every platform only to have it not work. Still a big disappointment.

EcoTech Support
09/26/2014, 09:20 PM
ESL is not responding again. No windows, no iOS on iphone or ipad. When can we expect this to work? I would really like to use Feed Mode without shuffling through every platform only to have it not work. Still a big disappointment.

The website has been running well since the update. We have published an update to the iOS app that is still pending approval from Apple. It has been over a week now so hopefully they can get caught up soon. The updated version of the iOS app will have much better connectivity with the new ESL.

I would be happy to get you the new iOS app build before it goes live on the App Store. Please private message me and I can get you into our Apple iOS beta program.

nazarma
09/27/2014, 09:04 AM
My reeflink would disconnect daily.
That is great news! Please keep us posted if you run into any issues. Just curious, how often did your ReefLink not work? In other words, how often did you have to power cycle it to get it back online?

bobbyc366
09/27/2014, 05:10 PM
My reeflink would disconnect daily.

Reeflink working every time now, thanks for the update😃

EcoTech Support
09/28/2014, 08:35 AM
Reeflink working every time now, thanks for the update😃

That is great news! Thanks for the feedback.

Tradewinds
09/30/2014, 05:39 AM
After several days of good connectivity, it appears things have taken a turn for the worse, AGAIN.

I attempted to connect to ESL this morning using Google Chrome, with the Reeflink connected via a Ethernet cat-5 cable, but the session timed out while attempting to "Load Devices."

I power cycled the Reeflink and tried again. This time it immediately goes into "Offline Mode."

The browser is restarted and the cache cleared. Power cycled the Reeflink again and it now displays a green, yellow, orange ring instead of blue.

Waited ten minutes and power cycled the Reeflink again, got the Blue Ring, but ESL shows I am in Offline Mode.

Nothing in my home environment changed so there are no "so called" new interference anomalies to chase down.

I don't always have the time to call support when it is convenient for them to be around. Fix the issues or extend the support hours. Better yet - do both.

Although I like the hardware (lights and pumps) the software/hardware that control everything is subpar and pushing me to consider more reliable alternatives and possibly a new hardware platform entirely.

Update: At 7:20 AM CST - I am able to connect successfully, but did nothing different from my end.

jusn317
09/30/2014, 05:58 AM
After several days of good connectivity, it appears things have taken a turn for the worse, AGAIN.

I attempted to connect to ESL this morning using Google Chrome, with the Reeflink connected via a Ethernet cat-5 cable, but the session timed out while attempting to "Load Devices."

I power cycled the Reeflink and tried again. This time it immediately goes into "Offline Mode."

The browser is restarted and the cache cleared. Power cycled the Reeflink again and it now displays a green, yellow, orange ring instead of blue.

Waited ten minutes and power cycled the Reeflink again, got the Blue Ring, but ESL shows I am in Offline Mode.

Nothing in my home environment changed so there are no "so called" new interference anomalies to chase down.

I don't always have the time to call support when it is convenient for them to be around. Fix the issues or extend the support hours. Better yet - do both.

Although I like the hardware (lights and pumps) the software/hardware that control everything is subpar and pushing me to consider more reliable alternatives and possibly a new hardware platform entirely.

This is exactly the same issue I was having yesterday afternoon. My Reeflink seemed to be stable for awhile, then all of sudden nothing. Was unable to change any modes on teh Vortechs or my Radions. When Ecosmartlive and the Reeflink are working it's great, but when it's not it's worthless. Since I do not get home from work until past 5pm calling support is never feasible unless I'm working from home, which is almost never.

rmcaum
10/06/2014, 01:00 PM
I am not exactly sure when the most recent updates were done to the reeflink, but I have noticed significantly improved connection over the last week or so. Every single time that I have logged on it has been connected without the need to power cycle the reeflink. Whatever has been done, it has fixed all of the connection issues that I was having and I am once again happy with the system. When it works, as it is now, I would recommend the unit.

EcoTech Support
10/06/2014, 01:32 PM
I am not exactly sure when the most recent updates were done to the reeflink, but I have noticed significantly improved connection over the last week or so. Every single time that I have logged on it has been connected without the need to power cycle the reeflink. Whatever has been done, it has fixed all of the connection issues that I was having and I am once again happy with the system. When it works, as it is now, I would recommend the unit.

That is great news! Please keep us posted if you experience any issues.

nazarma
10/08/2014, 06:14 PM
Alright team! i am back to having to unplug and plug the reeflink daily. Still love the product just letting you know.

EcoTech Support
10/08/2014, 09:27 PM
Alright team! i am back to having to unplug and plug the reeflink daily. Still love the product just letting you know.

Is the ReefLink actually disconnected (doesn't have a blue LED ring)? What prompts you to power cycle it?

nazarma
10/08/2014, 09:30 PM
Correct keeps going to rainbow color

EcoTech Support
10/08/2014, 10:00 PM
Correct keeps going to rainbow color

Is it "rainbow" colored now? Might be a network issue or RF interference.

johnmiller81
10/09/2014, 09:58 PM
Had a ton and I mean a ton of issue with my ReefLink all summer long. Finally they were addressed in the beginning of Sept as I was to a beta connectivity fix. Things got better. Just checked back in on this thread and I thought I was the only one frustrated after spending $$$ on a premium solution.

I also noticed the recent issue where I am forced to restart my reeflink and it doesn't reconnect (again hardwired). Just Green/Orange and don't have time to sit around as I have to go to work. When I get home its blue again.

Just glad I don't have to power cycle it every day and even worse delete, re-add, and recreate Vortech schedule.

Anyone know what OS version I should be on? 1.7.47?

Alex Y EcoTech
10/10/2014, 06:52 AM
Had a ton and I mean a ton of issue with my ReefLink all summer long. Finally they were addressed in the beginning of Sept as I was to a beta connectivity fix. Things got better. Just checked back in on this thread and I thought I was the only one frustrated after spending $$$ on a premium solution.

I also noticed the recent issue where I am forced to restart my reeflink and it doesn't reconnect (again hardwired). Just Green/Orange and don't have time to sit around as I have to go to work. When I get home its blue again.

Just glad I don't have to power cycle it every day and even worse delete, re-add, and recreate Vortech schedule.

Anyone know what OS version I should be on? 1.7.47?

John,

1.7.47 is the most current ReefLink firmware.

bobbyc366
10/19/2014, 08:42 AM
Reeflink was stable for a few weeks, but the last couple of weeks each time i want to use it I have to power cycle it, Reef link has a blue light, but when I log in it tells me I am in offline mode, I power cycle the reeflink and it connects.
will work for any time from a day to a week or two.

props4you
10/19/2014, 09:14 AM
I have 3 radion pro's and 2 vortech's. Best investment in my system I ever made. And Ecotech customer service is the best I've ever experienced, could not be happier !!! BUT reeflink sorry guys not so good :(
Waste of $199.00 I get anxiety ever time I think about using it...
Other than that you guys are AWESOME !!

Reefer4evaa
10/21/2014, 08:01 PM
jlanger,

I would recommend you try using an hardline ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi. Also, moving the ReefLink to a different area in your home may also help resolve your connection issues.

I totally agree I was on the verge of tears with frustration till I connected the reeflink straight to my router and haven't had any problems since

props4you
10/22/2014, 06:36 AM
It is wired to the router.

tqui
10/22/2014, 08:05 AM
then what's the point of wireless !!

bobbyc366
10/22/2014, 04:48 PM

My is hard wired also,

Reefer4evaa
10/22/2014, 05:00 PM

Yes I'm wired directly to my router which is no big deal as the reeflink is across the room from where the tank is and it is able to find all devices wirelessly without a problem

SkimHeavy
10/25/2014, 10:45 AM
Another frustrated Reeflink owner here.

All firmware is current. Every time I wish to connect to ESL with my iPhone or on my Mac I have to unplug, wait 30 seconds and plug back in the power on my Reeflink. The ring is always blue, even when I can't connect. I have a Ethernet cable running from the router connecting to the Reeflink. It's really stupid that I have to do all of this for "wireless" connectivity. The time it takes to unplug and power cycle the Reeflink is MORE than the time it takes to plug the lights directly into my Mac book with a USB cable.

rmcaum
10/25/2014, 02:22 PM
I they fix it, it will be a really nice feature. If they don't, they should give me my money back. Mine has worked much more sufficiently in the last month so I am convinced it I getting better. If not, you can't sell the thin for $25.

Kaman8
10/26/2014, 10:46 AM
I just bought the reeflink 2 days ago and that thing is down all the time. Have really waste my money on it. I was just using it like 15 min ago and 5 min ago it was down again. Have unplugged it and it's still not working.:furious:

I want my money back

EcoTech Support
10/27/2014, 06:41 PM
I just bought the reeflink 2 days ago and that thing is down all the time. Have really waste my money on it. I was just using it like 15 min ago and 5 min ago it was down again. Have unplugged it and it's still not working.:furious:

I want my money back

We are sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with your ReefLink. Our ReefLink is working well for the majority of our customers, however there are a few cases of people having trouble similar to what you have experienced. Please call our Customer Service department and we can update your ReefLink to make it work in your situation.

Kaman8
10/27/2014, 07:04 PM
We are sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with your ReefLink. Our ReefLink is working well for the majority of our customers, however there are a few cases of people having trouble similar to what you have experienced. Please call our Customer Service department and we can update your ReefLink to make it work in your situation.

I'm not located in the US. Is the customer service number worldwide toll free?

DonaldLL
10/28/2014, 06:43 PM
Is there any difference in the update you will do as opposed to the updates that I the user can do? Wouldn't it be prudent to explain what you do so that we can do it ourselves. While you may have many whose device is working properly, you also have a growing list here of those of us who are very very frustrated and I am one of them. There isn't one device in my household from toaster to television that is as unreliable as ReefLink.

Alex Y EcoTech
10/30/2014, 02:00 PM
Is there any difference in the update you will do as opposed to the updates that I the user can do? Wouldn't it be prudent to explain what you do so that we can do it ourselves. While you may have many whose device is working properly, you also have a growing list here of those of us who are very very frustrated and I am one of them. There isn't one device in my household from toaster to television that is as unreliable as ReefLink.

Donald,

If you continue to have issues with your ReefLink calling in for more advanced troubleshooting would be a good idea.

AcroporAddict
10/30/2014, 06:11 PM
Just to let everyone know my ReefLink is still going strong after CS helped me troubleshoot it with a RL firmware update, so do not give up hope!

babyjess210
11/03/2014, 11:14 PM
Just to let everyone know my ReefLink is still going strong after CS helped me troubleshoot it with a RL firmware update, so do not give up hope!

+1

I was also very frustrated with the reeflink and countless of hours moving it and unplugging but I have to say it is all worth the trouble. Last few weeks or so I have no issue with connectivity.

On my iphone if it doesn't connect the first try I end the app and second round will connect

EcoTech Support
11/04/2014, 07:14 AM

We only have a handful of customers experiencing issues, all while thousands of ReefLink users have been connected without a problem. We have found that the cases where ReefLinks aren't staying connected have trouble downloading the latest updates so that is why we want to help you get your ReefLink updated. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and we want to make sure that problematic ReefLinks get updated and work correctly.

DonaldLL
11/04/2014, 10:42 AM
OK so I did receive an update for the Reeflink from Customer Support. I am cautiously optimistic and glad to report that it has now been 5 days since I did the update and Reeflink has remained connected. Not once have I has to unplug/replug the device. So far, this is a complete turnaround compared to the performance I have had over the last several months!

tqui
11/04/2014, 03:55 PM
what's the latest OS for the reeflink

Reefer4evaa
11/04/2014, 05:52 PM
OK so I did receive an update for the Reeflink from Customer Support. I am cautiously optimistic and glad to report that it has now been 5 days since I did the update and Reeflink has remained connected. Not once have I has to unplug/replug the device. So far, this is a complete turnaround compared to the performance I have had over the last several months!

I myself was on the verge of tears with the receipts in my hands ready to return each and every piece of ecotech product I just recently purchaced until I Uninstalled every single piece of software and started over from square one.as a mac owner I decided to use my work pc laptop to use all the software for the install and I'm kind of glad I did cause I haven't had a problem since!and like I said I was ready to give up..my corals never looked so good...I absolutely love the radion xr30 pro!

Alex Y EcoTech
11/05/2014, 07:04 AM
what's the latest OS for the reeflink

Tqui,

The most recent ReefLink OS is: 1.7.47. That said, we are currently testing a new ReefLink OS that will be released shortly.