PDA

View Full Version : My tank-The Fraterrnity house

hkgar
08/01/2014, 03:30 PM
I think my fish act like a bit of a fraternity. I introduce my Bellus Angel about 5 days ago and the first fish to take a run at her was the Kole Tang. Then the Powder Blue and lastly the Spot Breasted Angel. The Yellow Tang that everyone was concerned about, just swam around and watched the action. There really wasn't aggression per se as much as letting her know she was not wlcome anywhere in the tank except for the little corner they kept her in. The only made a run if she left her area.

Each day it seemed to be less and less and after a couple days on the other angel was consistently going after her. Today she is swimming out and covering more than half the tank and I haven't seen anyone take a run after her.

I consider it a lot like pledging a fraternity. You have to show you are willing to take a certain amount of harassment before being allowed into the brotherhood.

My one wrasse went through a similar introduction, but that harassment came from the Bi Color Dottyback. And that has been drastically reduced.

biomek
08/02/2014, 05:44 AM
lol love the comparison!