PDA

View Full Version : is 7 weeks ok in qt or should i wait the full 8

dominic
08/02/2014, 10:15 AM
they are clean and eating like pigs .its been 2 months for the blueline and 7 weeks for the queen can I put them in the DT now?

CoralsAddiction
08/02/2014, 10:21 AM
You can but what's another week? Lol😃

Spar
08/02/2014, 03:31 PM
if just doing observation, i'd do the extra week (as above, just another week, nothing much in the grand scheme of things). if you have done TTM or copper I'd personally throw them over to the DT at this point.

snorvich
08/02/2014, 04:03 PM
I agree with Spar except if it is one of the more difficult species where eating is an issue; under those circumstances an additional time for sharpening the eating response is desirable.

ca1ore
08/03/2014, 08:28 AM
I agree with Spar except if it is one of the more difficult species where eating is an issue; under those circumstances an additional time for sharpening the eating response is desirable.

I agree. Though there is this general perception that QT is to prevent disease transmission, and of course it is; I find an equal if not greater benefit is to get a fish eating well and bolstered to the point that it can better survive the 'gauntlet' of being added to an existing population in the display. I always make sure that every fish I QT has been eating variety for at least a month.