PDA

View Full Version : This is getting old

Mark426
08/02/2014, 07:45 PM
More times than not for me. I love your products but...........Come on guys.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/data/500/Capture8.JPG

Boboli
08/02/2014, 08:20 PM
That just means they are fixing problems. "We all know there are lots of bugs in Ecosmart Live"
So when you can connect it will work better. Fingers Crossed!!!
I feel you pain, hang in there.

Grandlotus
08/03/2014, 09:04 AM
I wish ecotech would drop this whole cloud based system and just make it a program on the computer that can be updated.
90% of the time when I press a button it says please wait and then times me out!

Alex Y EcoTech
08/04/2014, 06:18 AM
Mark,

Are you using either Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser? Also, I would recommend power cycling your ReefLink/re-starting your Connection Manager to help troubleshoot the issue.

u4ick
08/04/2014, 05:36 PM
I wish ecotech would drop this whole cloud based system and just make it a program on the computer that can be updated.
90% of the time when I press a button it says please wait and then times me out!

AMEN!!!
I am willing to pay a programmer a very reasonable sum of $$ to make the original configuration utility usable for the G3 products. It worked perfectly....why fix things that aren't broken?

EcoTech Support
08/04/2014, 07:33 PM
AMEN!!!
I am willing to pay a programmer a very reasonable sum of $$ to make the original configuration utility usable for the G3 products. It worked perfectly....why fix things that aren't broken?

We are aware of the connectivity issues on EcoSmart Live and are taking steps to make sure you are always connected. Please stay tuned for updates in the near future.

babyjess210
08/05/2014, 07:28 PM
I don't even bother with the web. I tried Google Chrome, IE and Mozilla and could not add my new Radion G3 Pro the other night. Iphone app was able to find the radion and add to my aquarium. Sorry EcoTech but there are a lot of issues

Tradewinds
08/06/2014, 02:14 PM
Using Google Chrome - Encountering the same error today at 03:15 CST while attempting to change my Vortech schedule.

Update: Contacted support who informed me ESL was down due to site maintenance. When I tried to login a little later I got the following message:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/mike5050/esl2_zps853b2deb.jpg

Which is better than the other message IMO, as you know they are working on the site.

Tradewinds
08/07/2014, 05:56 AM
More connection errors this morning... :debi: Yes, I am using Google chrome and power cycled the Reeflink.

Hopefully, the updates Alex spoke of will alleviate these woes.

Eastamherstbias
08/07/2014, 04:34 PM
I just tried it and it looks to be working.

u4ick
08/07/2014, 10:39 PM
We are aware of the connectivity issues on EcoSmart Live and are taking steps to make sure you are always connected. Please stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Well you can fix ESL all you want, it's not going to fix not having internet access.
You are excluding a portion of your customer base, and for what? Because someone doesn't want to update the config utility? A G3 is a G2 pro no? yes I know it's different guts and all, but the CU will program the light, just doesn't show the UV channel, so I can't really see how this can be that major of an issue to fix.

If you're not going to maintain the CU, then at least come out with a local controller that we can use with your products that does not require the internet.....I'm sure there are plenty of us that are willing to buy it.