PDA

View Full Version : Sicce wavemaker assistance needed

firemountain
08/03/2014, 06:12 PM
Everyone,

I just installed my Sicce Wavesurfer and I need some advice, since I never really used one.

Right now I do not have any corals in the tank, but the controller is really helping to stir up detritus in my tank...more so than before. With setting my Voyager 3's to a wider flow pattern, I have my left and right power heads alternating at 10 seconds each side.

So my question is what's the optimal flow pattern for a tank that currently has no corals and just fish (for the time being that is).

Any input and advice on this would be greatly appreciated, as well as how you have your own tank setup.

Dom

Tarawa
08/03/2014, 08:16 PM
I have the same hardware that you do currently I have the wavemaker set to around 10 sec a pump. As for aiming I have one aiming down to the middle hitting the dry rock, and the other up towards the middle front. both are set to wide mode

Reefvet
08/03/2014, 10:18 PM
So my question is what's the optimal flow pattern for a tank that currently has no corals and just fish (for the time being that is).

Optimal ? It doesn't really matter as long as detritus is staying suspended and being removed by your skimmer.

firemountain
08/04/2014, 04:38 AM
Optimal ? It doesn't really matter as long as detritus is staying suspended and being removed by your skimmer.

Optimal is probably the wrong word....just looking for a setup that guys are running to start, since I have never used on.