PDA

View Full Version : Doeser set up questions?

origreefer
08/06/2014, 06:10 PM
Just got my GHL doser and have a couple of questions as the documentation is a bit lacking. First, which way do the pumps rotate? Previous pumps I have owned went clockwise. I set mine up with the intake on the left side, is this correct? Second, placement. Directions say keep the intake hose short since the pumps is self priming, I get that but what about the out-take hose? I need mine to beabout 7 ft long. I only have the dose set at 5ml which is about 12 seconds. How long before any liquid gets to the sump?
Thanks

unze
08/07/2014, 02:55 AM
Pumps rotate Anticlockwise,
7ft should be ok,

Antipodes
08/07/2014, 03:33 PM
How long before any liquid gets to the sump?
Thanks
Once the lines are primed, they stay primed and will dispense from the tube end as soon as the pump operates. So effectively almost instantaneously.

origreefer
08/07/2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone.

In auto mode, does it dispense same time each day?

Antipodes
08/07/2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone.

In auto mode, does it dispense same time each day?

Have you got the stand alone.
If yes.
Depending on what you have selected. 24 doses per day will be the same time, it works out a spacing between the different dosing times of the different pumps so they do not overlap.
11 per day it will obviously have to divide by 24 hours and will end up being odd tiimings. But will still not overlap the other pump schedule. (5 Minutes between if my memory is correct?)

P3 slave doser works a little differently now and you have to specify the start time for each pump. This then shows the schedule and you can work out if you have a overlap with the other pumps yourself.

Just updated my P3 to the latest software/firmware and the dosing is very easy to use and displays amount left in containers when set up correctly.

origreefer
08/08/2014, 06:18 PM
I have the stand alone. Have it set for 5ml per pump per day, one dose. It appears to be working fine, my test cup had 5ml in it. However, I don't know what time it does or if it doses a different time each day or the same time for pump 1 and different time for pump 2. Also, what is this software upgrade you speak of? I just purchased this unit, how do I know if the version is the latest?

thanks