PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help identify?

kiddbid
08/07/2014, 04:33 PM
Can anyone help me identify these plugs that my wife picked out? The fish store didn't tell her what they were and we are both new to corals. These are our first and I'm trying to identify to help with placement. I think one is a mushroom and another some sort of zoa. I added a pic of the tank showing them all around the middle.
Thanks so much.

bob1968
08/07/2014, 06:03 PM
1 mushroom
2 star polyps
3 zoa

kiddbid
08/07/2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks Bob!
Do you recommend keeping them around the middle height or can I move any lower?

KirbyBTF
08/08/2014, 03:33 PM
More specifically
1. Actinodiscus Mushroom
2. Green Star Polyps
3. Dragon Eye Zoas

organism
08/08/2014, 03:49 PM
I'd start the mushroom on the sandbed, and make sure the wham'n watermelon (or eagle eye same difference, they're not dragon eyes though) zoanthids are getting some flow since it looks like they're starting to think about melting.

As far as the star polyps some people like them, but you may want to read up on them regarding how they can eat your tank. It may be a good idea to just put them on their own rock that you can remove if you decide to change your mind on them down the line.

kiddbid
08/08/2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks Kirby and Organism.
Increased the flow to the zoa and moved the Star Polyps to it's very own mini rock. Moved the mushroom to the sand but the snails and hermits have been pushing it around so glued it to rock just above sand. The CUC really having a field day with polyps also but after reading about it, I'd rather keep it separated from the main rocks.
Thanks again for the suggestions.